Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

View Poll Results: Your favourite TV show

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alcatraz

    42 19.53%
  • Pan Am

    40 18.60%
  • Dexter

    71 33.02%
  • The Big Bang Theory

    64 29.77%
  • House MD

    58 26.98%
  • Grey's Anatomy

    42 19.53%
  • Fringe

    52 24.19%
  • Homeland

    55 25.58%
  • Justified

    41 19.07%
  • Archer

    41 19.07%
  • Blue Bloods

    39 18.14%
  • Family Guy

    61 28.37%
  • Modern Family

    48 22.33%
  • Game of Thrones

    88 40.93%
  • How I Met Your Mother

    66 30.70%
  • Two and a Half Men

    59 27.44%
  • The Office

    48 22.33%
  • Walking Dead

    81 37.67%
  • Breaking Bad

    89 41.40%
  • American Horror Story

    48 22.33%
  • Blue Mountain State

    43 20.00%
  • Sons of Anarchy

    46 21.40%
  • Mad Men

    42 19.53%
  • Californication

    45 20.93%
  • Sherlock

    49 22.79%
  • Person of Interest

    50 23.26%
  • Revenge

    41 19.07%
  • Shameless (US & UK)

    45 20.93%
  • Spartacus

    55 25.58%
  • Skins

    41 19.07%
  • Community

    45 20.93%
  • Burn Notice

    41 19.07%
  • Oz

    45 20.93%
  • Co-Ed Confidential

    40 18.60%
  • South Park

    58 26.98%
  • New Girl

    43 20.00%
  • Southland

    40 18.60%
  • Suits

    48 22.33%
  • Making A Murderer

    2 0.93%
  • Narcos

    4 1.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Which is your favorite TV show? With new poll! - Part 2

  1. #16
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:06 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,639
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 2,242x in 1,549 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Game of Thones SPOILERS

    For me it is the worst episode of GoT ever made and has undermined the massive plots and complex stories that have been in the making for 6 seasons. Here we go...

    Battle was stunning. Loved the tension and just looked cool as fuck. Favourite bit was the single cam shots of John running frantically through Winterfell...great stuff. I actually enjoyed the ep, until the credits rolled and I gave it more than 2 mins of thought...

    Visual action 10/10 but then the writing just decimates all immersion for me. I'm sure you guys a familiar with the deux ex machina moments used in movies...for me this ep was filled with these. How many times we see Fat Sam covered with hordes only to be fine moments later. Happened with John after his dragon fall (who was in the end denied his epic battle with the ultimate enemy...why!?) and happened with countless overs. It's shit directing...or writing....I don't know which. It takes me out of it. The overall strategy written for both armies also was non-sensical to me too. Who lands a dragon in a horde? Why send dothraki into the field with no valayrian steel? Why does Bran warg into some crows (he is a useless hard-drive on wheels)?. Why did the army of the dead not pour over the meagre fire trench like when they swarm over 100's in the opening confrontation? I could go on... meh, small details I guess, but many of these spoil a little for me.

    Not a single main character killed. Remember how you felt when Ned died...Red wedding...John Killed...? These deaths meant something because it has huge implications and things unfinished. They played it 100% safe in what is meant to be the most brutal battle ever and killed essentially side characters who had completed their arcs. I didn't feel anything really at all. GoT used to be built on these moments... It's a massive cop-out.

    Finally the biggest insult of them all is the undoing and destruction of the complex stories and lore that has been growing for 6 seasons regarding the lord of light/saviour prince story. This has involved over 10+ characters right from season 1... Stanis, Davos, Ghendry, Beric, John, Eyeball Paul, Hound...even Syrio. Melisandra has been central to the massive prophecy of the Lightbearer Prince and it has driven huge moments and plots of every season... in this ep they completely put it in the blender. They boiled it all down to a meeting between Ayria and Mel who essentially has only to repeat the shit valor catchphrase in order for some inspirational moment with Ayria. We were meant to be surprised by her intervention (I wasn't it was obviously coming), but the oly thing that surprised me was how shit and easy it was for her to defeat the ultimate enemy whose been taunting us for seasons now.

    Abysmal ending. Lazy writing, even admitted in the 'making of' part of show after... "we thought Ayria would be great person to kill the NK".... so it's an afterthought based on feeling/episode impact and NOT on storytelling or what has come before. Fucking hell man...she slipped past the whole army of the dead and all the generals and stabs the fucker right in the sweet spot. Mental.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

    jetflag (05-16-2019), Katadunkass (05-01-2019), PegaSus (05-01-2019)

  3. #17
    Katadunkass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 13:58 PM
    Location
    Stoholm
    Gender
    Posts
    7,404
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,697
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Game of Thones SPOILERS

    For me it is the worst episode of GoT ever made and has undermined the massive plots and complex stories that have been in the making for 6 seasons. Here we go...

    Battle was stunning. Loved the tension and just looked cool as fuck. Favourite bit was the single cam shots of John running frantically through Winterfell...great stuff. I actually enjoyed the ep, until the credits rolled and I gave it more than 2 mins of thought...

    Visual action 10/10 but then the writing just decimates all immersion for me. I'm sure you guys a familiar with the deux ex machina moments used in movies...for me this ep was filled with these. How many times we see Fat Sam covered with hordes only to be fine moments later. Happened with John after his dragon fall (who was in the end denied his epic battle with the ultimate enemy...why!?) and happened with countless overs. It's shit directing...or writing....I don't know which. It takes me out of it. The overall strategy written for both armies also was non-sensical to me too. Who lands a dragon in a horde? Why send dothraki into the field with no valayrian steel? Why does Bran warg into some crows (he is a useless hard-drive on wheels)?. Why did the army of the dead not pour over the meagre fire trench like when they swarm over 100's in the opening confrontation? I could go on... meh, small details I guess, but many of these spoil a little for me.

    Not a single main character killed. Remember how you felt when Ned died...Red wedding...John Killed...? These deaths meant something because it has huge implications and things unfinished. They played it 100% safe in what is meant to be the most brutal battle ever and killed essentially side characters who had completed their arcs. I didn't feel anything really at all. GoT used to be built on these moments... It's a massive cop-out.

    Finally the biggest insult of them all is the undoing and destruction of the complex stories and lore that has been growing for 6 seasons regarding the lord of light/saviour prince story. This has involved over 10+ characters right from season 1... Stanis, Davos, Ghendry, Beric, John, Eyeball Paul, Hound...even Syrio. Melisandra has been central to the massive prophecy of the Lightbearer Prince and it has driven huge moments and plots of every season... in this ep they completely put it in the blender. They boiled it all down to a meeting between Ayria and Mel who essentially has only to repeat the shit valor catchphrase in order for some inspirational moment with Ayria. We were meant to be surprised by her intervention (I wasn't it was obviously coming), but the oly thing that surprised me was how shit and easy it was for her to defeat the ultimate enemy whose been taunting us for seasons now.

    Abysmal ending. Lazy writing, even admitted in the 'making of' part of show after... "we thought Ayria would be great person to kill the NK".... so it's an afterthought based on feeling/episode impact and NOT on storytelling or what has come before. Fucking hell man...she slipped past the whole army of the dead and all the generals and stabs the fucker right in the sweet spot. Mental.
    Even though I don't agree on everything you write I definitely enjoy reading it - you should become a reviewer, haha

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

    Hensmon (05-01-2019)

  5. #18
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:06 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,639
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 2,242x in 1,549 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Not ready to let this go yet....

    GoT spoiler

    The Night King and undead army were an unbelievable concept, built over 8 seasons and written into a show which wasn't afraid to butcher main characters...it was the making of the greatest villain in TV history...all completely fucked! They didnt even make it past Winterfell...the endless winter was a short evening ffs. The Freys killed more important people than the undead army...what!? Ayria, with no link whatsoever to the NK, was plucked out of thin air (literally and on screen) to lay the final blow. We know nothing of the NK, saw him do nothing and in the end he is completely forgettable and ineffective. Fuck me.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

    jetflag (05-16-2019), Katadunkass (05-07-2019), PegaSus (05-04-2019)

  7. #19

    PegaSus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 23:05 PM
    Location
    Beilen
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Posts
    12,317
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    7,209
    Thanked 4,227x in 2,554 Posts
    Netherlands
    Any thoughts on last GoT episode @Hensmon @Katadunkass?
    My CD Collection:

    1000 items and rising

    http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6



  8. #20
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:06 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,639
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 2,242x in 1,549 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Think its an uncohesive, badly paced and poorly written mess. Doesnt even feel like Game of Thrones, I was cringing.

    Sat there watching at the beginning, while they're all in the hall following the battle and i'm still in disbelief that its all over in this manner. Everyone is fine, hardly a scratch and just joking around and eating/drining together. For a start winter season in Westeros is menna be this savage cold everlasting condition with famine, misery etc, but not part of story anymore it seems. And then 5 minutes ago no one had even heard of zombies let alone seen walking dead people and now theyre playing shit drinking games like I did when I was 18. I need 2 days mental and physical recovery after a night on stellas and cocaine, let alone battle for humanity. Aftermatch handled extremely poorly. And then rest of the ep is just jumping around from one ridiculous scene to the next... can't actually believe the nose-dive this show has undertaken.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

    jetflag (05-16-2019), PegaSus (05-07-2019)

  10. #21
    Katadunkass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 13:58 PM
    Location
    Stoholm
    Gender
    Posts
    7,404
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,697
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by PegaSus View Post
    Any thoughts on last GoT episode @Hensmon @Katadunkass?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

    PegaSus (05-08-2019)

  12. #22
    Lanto.Trance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 22:16 PM
    Location
    Quang Ninh, Viet Nam
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 48x in 41 Posts
    Vietnam
    Ofc, GoT

  13. #23

    PegaSus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 23:05 PM
    Location
    Beilen
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Posts
    12,317
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    7,209
    Thanked 4,227x in 2,554 Posts
    Netherlands
    Wow, more unsatisfying deaths in GoT! Writing on par with the Bold and the Beautiful
    @Katadunkass
    My CD Collection:

    1000 items and rising

    http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6



  14. #24
    Katadunkass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 13:58 PM
    Location
    Stoholm
    Gender
    Posts
    7,404
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,697
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by PegaSus View Post
    Wow, more unsatisfying deaths in GoT! Writing on par with the Bold and the Beautiful
    @Katadunkass
    Haha, never seen Bold and the Beautiful, but it looks like something right up your alley
    I will give my thoughts after seeing the final episode, but so far it's pretty negative on a lot of points - I surely hope a lot of things will be resolved in a good way, but I seriously have my doubts. I honestly feel bad for so many actors after seeing this episode.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

    PegaSus (05-14-2019)

  16. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 16:33 PM
    Location
    Slovenia
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Posts
    1,450
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    435
    Thanked 821x in 490 Posts
    Slovenia
    The main problem I have with season 8 of GoT is that everything feels rushed, other than that I've enjoyed it. If this was a 'normal' season with 10 episodes and they had time for more build ups and properly explaining everything while keeping the same outcomes, I'm willing to bet the general opinion would be a lot better. For example 1 episode at the start for all the reunions and stuff, the next 4 to wrap up the Night King story and the remaining ones to wrap up the Throne related story.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rok For This Useful Post:

    PegaSus (05-14-2019)

  18. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 15:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 100x in 75 Posts
    Netherlands
    PHOK WE NEED TO FINNISH IT IN ONE SEASON AND HAVE TOO MUCH ACTION BUDGET!

    ^how GOT feels atm.

    and don't even get me started on the cringy deus-ex-Arya airstrike & danearys i-was-secretly-sauron-all-along targaryan.

    I honestly hope the conclusion will be something like. everybody dies. nobody gets the throne and if you want to know how it really ends read the books.

    or something along those lines.

    utterly dissapointing. F this finale

  19. #27
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:06 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,639
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 2,242x in 1,549 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Yeah Danearys has turned full psychopath, killing more innocents than anyone else in the show, and for what? Such a ridiculous jump of character. Maybe if they had been working this well over few seasons and then developed her rage properly I could buy it, but she went from angel to devil in 40 minutes. Also, whats the motive for burning 1000's of innocents? If it was revenge for her mate getting beheaded then she would have flown direct to Cerseis...? So what was the motive? Makes no sense.

  20. #28
    Katadunkass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 13:58 PM
    Location
    Stoholm
    Gender
    Posts
    7,404
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,697
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    Alright, so here we are talking about GoT and all that - and for good reason, but let us not forget one of the absolute best new series right now; Also from HBO - Chernobyl. Holy shit that series is intense, scary, informative and everything I could ever dream about. The first two episodes have been outstanding and I can't wait for the third.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7366338...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

    PegaSus (05-20-2019)

  22. #29
    Katadunkass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 13:58 PM
    Location
    Stoholm
    Gender
    Posts
    7,404
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,697
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark

  23. #30

    PegaSus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 23:05 PM
    Location
    Beilen
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Posts
    12,317
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    7,209
    Thanked 4,227x in 2,554 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    Alright, so here we are talking about GoT and all that - and for good reason, but let us not forget one of the absolute best new series right now; Also from HBO - Chernobyl. Holy shit that series is intense, scary, informative and everything I could ever dream about. The first two episodes have been outstanding and I can't wait for the third.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7366338...1?ref_=nv_sr_1
    That looks good indeed. Thnx!
    My CD Collection:

    1000 items and rising

    http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •