Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pure Trance V7 (Mixed by Kristina Sky, Solarstone & Lostly) [Black Hole Recordings]

Last Online
    Today @ 22:34 PM
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 455x in 337 Posts
    Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by imj0257 View Post
    Didn't Pure Trance 6 just come out a few months ago??!
    Well, time flies. Volume 6 was released almost exactly one year ago (27th October 2017).
    Maybe you are confused with its extened version which was released by the end of March this year.

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 302x in 165 Posts
    Estonia
    I would prefer if Solarstone alternated between Electronic Architecture and Pure Trance compilations, love that more intricate sophisticated detailed 'progressive' sound on EA comps. But this (the preview sampler) does sounds pretty good. It's seems very vocal heavy and the overall mood seems more on the major scale / happy side, but that's not always a bad thing. Will have to wait for longer clips!

Last Online
    Today @ 21:25 PM
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 172x in 111 Posts
    Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    I would prefer if Solarstone alternated between Electronic Architecture and Pure Trance compilations, love that more intricate sophisticated detailed 'progressive' sound on EA comps. But this (the preview sampler) does sounds pretty good. It's seems very vocal heavy and the overall mood seems more on the major scale / happy side, but that's not always a bad thing. Will have to wait for longer clips!
    ΕΑ needs way more effort and time to be spend by Solarstone but also by all team and producers for their tracks, selecting the right tunes, telling producers what he wants, re-touch the tracks here and there to fit what he wants to achieve. And ofc, have almost all tracks as exclusives! For me too, EA series became something magical and Classic compared to anything else that comes out nowadays. Afair from one of his interviews before some years, he said we shouldn't hold our breath about the next EA. So yeah, EA is may not be possible to be created every 1-2 years it seems.

But the next one shouldn't be far away either and that's awesome.
    In Trance We Don't Trust Anymore

Last Online
    Today @ 22:34 PM
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 455x in 337 Posts
    Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tievb21 View Post
    telling producers what he wants
    Don't get me wrong but let's finally look at composing the music as a creativity process, not as a dictation

Last Online
    Today @ 21:25 PM
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 172x in 111 Posts
    Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by mrx.friend View Post
    Don't get me wrong but let's finally look at composing the music as a creativity process, not as a dictation
    Ehmm, not what I meant man...

I meant, if you send a great track to Solarstone's label, they/he loves it, they/he asks you "Could I have this as an exclusive for this coming comp blah blah blah that I am working on and blah blah... We're thinking to have a 3rd CD too, a mix of chill version of some of our tracks, would you be interested to make a slow/chill/atmospheric version of your track?"

He must be close with some producers after all this time, he could send samples of the mix and tracks from other producers to you while you're working your track and then you could modify your work.

Also, there are a lot of "EA3 Reconstruction" and "EA3 Edits" in the previous version, not sure if producers touches or solarstone touches to fit the mix.

As said, dunno how all this works, but I find nothing wrong if what I wrote is happening.

--Btw, one of the reasons I wrote to my previous post why EA takes time and is so different from most other compilations. ISOS used to be a little similar to that too back then, Tiesto's producers knew what they tried to achieve and they worked their intros-outro to fit the mix and its atmosphere.
    Last edited by Tievb21; 11-13-2018 at 16:02 PM.
    In Trance We Don't Trust Anymore

Last Online
    Today @ 22:41 PM
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,054x in 1,435 Posts
    Sweden
    Electronic Architecture Series follows the ISOS series (When Tiesto left) more closely than any other compilation. Its almost more ISOS than the ISOS series if we look at the overall tone and atmosphere and how its all tied together. The trackselection is really concise and tight.

Pure trance series is just a bunch of tunes thrown together.
    Last edited by Daysleeper; 11-06-2018 at 20:56 PM.
    #nonegativity

Say no to STEROIDS.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daysleeper For This Useful Post:

Marco1979 (11-11-2018), Tievb21 (11-07-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Sweden
    Nice surprise from Alex Wright here, I like it! Jonas Steur influence maybe?

Other then that, first disc has too much "bland" tracks that you would hear being relased on silk music and similar labels. Nice tracks on the surface but feels too templated and "safe". Didnt like the new elfsong that much. Theres not much work with the arrangements, just the same stale beat throughtout the whole tracks. Same detuned synths on many tunes and accentuated clap with same stale rhythms. Revolution 9 - Awakening has more of a groove going on and nice rising synths. The following tracks goes into the same sleepiness teritory again with just a bland non-moving or non-groovy beat with a detuned synth on top. Then all of a sudden comes the Alex Wright track, and im suddenly in ISOS 4 mood, wow, what a difference!

Trance needs interest in the rhythm department and it lacks in so many tunes. Producers forgot about groove in trance. The standout tracks in this compilation is the ones with a nice groove and different rhythm section.

Best tunes:

Alex Wright - Sueno
    Allende - False Memory
    Tonearts - Together As One
    Revolution 9 - Awakening

These are the only ones with a non template beat/rhythm section.
    Last edited by Daysleeper; 11-11-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    #nonegativity

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 302x in 165 Posts
    Estonia
    Finally managed to listen to this fully, and I think it pretty enjoyable. Couple of really standout tracks that kept my interest between the maybe more generic tracks. I gotta say I got a little 'steroid-fatigued' during Lostly's mix. I really appreciate Lostly's stuff as individual tracks once in a while, but when it's that same big energetic sound one after another, it gets a bit tiresome for me. I do like the concept of cd1 being slower tempo trance, cd3 high energy and cd2 something between those.

Standout tracks:
    Mike Saint-Jules - Parachuting
    Elfsong - Crenshinibon
    Revolution 9 - Awakening
    Kristina Sky & Roger Shah - Ocean Flame
    Ibizarre - Underwater World (John O'Callaghan Remix) (classic JOC sound with vangelis type piano melody)
    Dark Matter - When Faith Fades (Solastone Pure Mix)
    Astrosphere - What Lies Between the Stars
    Cosmic Spirit - Lost in Noise

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:35 AM
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 925x in 565 Posts
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    Electronic Architecture Series follows the ISOS series (When Tiesto left) more closely than any other compilation. Its almost more ISOS than the ISOS series if we look at the overall tone and atmosphere and how its all tied together. The trackselection is really concise and tight.

Pure trance series is just a bunch of tunes thrown together.
    Honestly I rank EA even higher than TiŽsto's ISoS. TiŽsto had perfect track selection, but he never mixed them by their individual stems into big collages of each other. The first 20 minutes of EA1 has a motif from the first track that repeats itself over the next three and it evolves into something harmonically perfect and beautiful, and similar moments are on all the other editions and discs. IMO they're the best trance compilations ever by virtue of their actual music and flow. ISoS was way more influential and famous of course.

Facebook / SoundCloud / Instagram / WordPress

Head in the stars, heart in the sound

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Bensonw3x (11-15-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 16:13 PM
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 57x in 43 Posts
    United States
    I really liked this volume, definitely better than 5 and 6 IMO!

Last Online
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Sweden
    #nonegativity

Say no to STEROIDS.