Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Temple One - Odyssey [Digital Society Recordings]

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 326x in 178 Posts
    Estonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    Temple One is ht KING of modern melodic/uplifiting trance.
    There's nothing modern about this track however. Sounds exactly like a 2004-2008 era anjunabeats song, that cheesy shuffle, the kick, the bass, the plucks. I didn't think it was possible to have this little originality in a song, but Temple One has managed to do it. There's absolutely zero fresh ideas here, everything is copied somewhere else. All that whining about how trance sounds like shit, and this track is what you guys choose is good. I just can comprehend.. at all...

And you guys obviously love that old anjuna-style way more than I do (I loved the early a&b releases, but it kinda started to sound the same somewhere in 2004), but shouldn't originality be praised and copying/stealing be frowned upon? If I take a classic trance track, let's say ("completely random" choice) rank 1 - awakening (ferry corsten remix), copy it 1:1, every sound, and only change a few notes here and there. Does that make my track a modern classic too?
    Last edited by point; 01-11-2019 at 13:46 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to point For This Useful Post:

Bensonw3x (01-11-2019), Marco1979 (01-12-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,095x in 1,546 Posts
    Serbia
    I like this. Pretty enjoyable track. Then again, I haven't listened to many Anjuna-style releases so maybe I'm just not that oversaturated with it.
    @point in some sense, this might still be a blatant copy of a certain style or a group of tracks, but it can still be enjoyable. Tastes differ, and not only individually, but sometimes daily or at least periodically (especially in people with bipolar disorder, which I think Daysleeper admitted having - sorry if I'm wrong though). Mood affects our taste in music, and the music affects our mood.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Today @ 09:46 AM
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 492x in 253 Posts
    Netherlands
    I think this is a weak track. Empty, bland tune

Compared to his other works that is. Still better than the soulless uplifting being released most of the time lately.
    Last edited by vastvision; 01-12-2019 at 15:58 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,105x in 1,471 Posts
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    There's nothing modern about this track however. Sounds exactly like a 2004-2008 era anjunabeats song, that cheesy shuffle, the kick, the bass, the plucks. I didn't think it was possible to have this little originality in a song, but Temple One has managed to do it. There's absolutely zero fresh ideas here, everything is copied somewhere else. All that whining about how trance sounds like shit, and this track is what you guys choose is good. I just can comprehend.. at all...

And you guys obviously love that old anjuna-style way more than I do (I loved the early a&b releases, but it kinda started to sound the same somewhere in 2004), but shouldn't originality be praised and copying/stealing be frowned upon? If I take a classic trance track, let's say ("completely random" choice) rank 1 - awakening (ferry corsten remix), copy it 1:1, every sound, and only change a few notes here and there. Does that make my track a modern classic too?
    Probably alot of truth in these words, however, first off, with modern I meant current/made today and not like fresh/new/innovativ. Need to be more careful with the words. And secondly I mostly like this because of how it sound sonically, not musically as much. Although I love Temple Ones breakdowns and padwork. Originality isnt always to be preferred even tho I def hold that in high regard aswell.
    #nonegativity

Say no to STEROIDS.