Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Thread: Post your favorite youtube/vimeo content creators

Last Online
    11-23-2019 @ 21:23 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 81 Posts
    Netherlands

Post your favorite youtube/vimeo content creators

Youtube Vimeo etc, for me at least, differs from the rest social media buzz like instagram, fb, twatter etc. In the sense that its much less screaming for attention and "look at my awesome life/statement gimme likes" syndrome.

The focus is a lot more on creativity and content.

So here's a thread to post your favorite youtube channels/content creators on. Anything from pewdiepie to realengineering. Share with the rest of the forum

I’ll start.

Exurb1a.
    (youtube.com/channel/UCimiUgDLbi6P17BdaCZpVbg)
    existential, philosophic, brilliantly though provoking with a good dose of amazing quirky british humor.

Science and futurism with Isaac Arthur (SFIA)
    (youtube.com/channel/UCZFipeZtQM5CKUjx6grh54g)
    Weekly documentairy channel on science, futurism raging from any topic you can think off in that subject. Weekly highlight for me, great community also.

PBS spacetime.
    (youtube.com/channel/UC7_gcs09iThXybpVgjHZ_7g)
    proper science channel, very interresting and thorougly explained (most of the time) and IMO the 2go antidote to poppy/junk science related too...Space time.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:26 PM
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,405x in 1,778 Posts
    Serbia
    I agree, YouTube is a platform that can be used for true and proper entertainment, education and whatever else. Of all social media platforms, it can be the least harmful if overconsumed. Of course, it depends on how you consume it but I believe it is the platform which will survive and exist for a long time.

Here are my favourites:

Junkie XL
    The best musician and YouTuber there is. No doubt about that. His Studio Time series are amazing, and besides that he always puts out content, whether that is just showing us his studio, his synths/hardware, answering questions, showing his templates and projects, reacting to his older tracks (usually trance!), or just giving advice to new and aspiring composers and musicians. And it's all free and not sponsored at all! He's just a great guy who really cares about educating people and giving back.

Mac Lethal
    A rapper. Raps about basically anything. Such as: Theory of relativity, Cleopatra, lobsters; or ordering pizza by rapping, rapping in 27 different styles, rapping on the first lyrics he ever wrote, or on lyrics his fans wrote and sent him. Just a great, fun guy with mad skillz. I like how he used them creatively - he could've only chased a music career, like many before him.

Jeff Nippard
    Science-based training, fitness and nutrition content. Out of most fitness YouTubers, I really trust him because with him, you don't get cheap 'hacks', 'tricks' that really don't work. You don't get clickbait titles with little actual content (Athlean-X I'm looking at you!). He doesn't exploit people's insecurities. He goes easy with sponsors and his own products (training programs). You get fact-based advice, that has been backed up by proper research. I feel he really wants the best for people, not for himself - quality content is clearly his priority.

Mark Rober
    A former NASA engineer. He often builds pretty amazing things, like a dartboard that moves according to how you throw the arrow, so that you always hit the bullseye. Or the world's largest snowball machine gun. Stuff like that. It's pretty easy to digest and quite interesting, for all age groups - from little, curious kids to adults who never grew up.

Kurzgesagt
    One of the best science-related channels. At the same time scientific and futuristic as well, which is what I like. Sometimes also a bit philosophical, which is a bonus.

minutephysics
    A channel that goes relatively deeper into the theory of physics, but they explain it well enough that people can actually understand it. Recommended: Their Intro to Special Relativity series.

Nerdwriter1
    Mostly about art. He sees and explains stuff most of us don't even see in pictures, movies, music etc. Sometimes gets philosophical as well, which is great. Hard to explain but he's really amazing. So here's my favourite video of his: Lord of the Rings: How Music Elevates Story

The Hacks of Life
    Mike Capes is amazing. Just too funny. Although he doesn't post anything anymore, his videos were great. Yeah I'm aware it might not have been all real, but who cares.

Charisma on Command
    Been a subscriber for a long time, and although I'm reconsidering that, I generally like some of their videos. Some of them are heartfelt, sincere and really useful. And the guys behind the channel are really great.

Top Gear
    Although their show is meh, the car reviews, drag races and especially the Chris Harris Drives series are pretty great IMO.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

jetflag (01-15-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 81 Posts
    Netherlands
    noice, I got kurtzgezagt & JXL in my subscription already. Nerdwriter is amazing too though I only visit him occasionally.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 18:34 PM
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 531x in 350 Posts
    Indonesia
    Himalayan Roads
    Dashboard view driving through Himalayan roads to remote places. I find the videos relaxing. Some routes are scary but the view are incredible.

Corridor
    Cool short movies based on video games/animes/box office movies etc.

Donny Carr
    A techno/progressive/house producer, he shares helpful tricks and tutorials on music productions with very informative explanations.

Hyun's Dojo
    A community (?) of stickman fight animator. They often do collabs.

Cool 3D World
    WTF 3D Videos.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erickUO For This Useful Post:

Gagi (01-16-2019), jetflag (01-16-2019)

Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 17:55 PM
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    Some of my favorites have already been posted, so I'll try to post some new ones:

3Blue1Brown
    One of the absolute best when it comes to visualizing math in new and fantastic ways. A beast of an animator and explainer - highly recommended.

Casually Explained
    Incredibly funny channel - a dude who haven't sex for a long time and have a crush on Natalie Dormer who answers life's biggest questions.

Vsauce
    My go to channel for pretty much everything in life. His way of explaining complex things are extraordinary.

Funhaus
    Been a fan of Funhaus for many years and now they're just a part of my daily rutine - lovely stuff with some dudes and a girl who plays video games and are kind of racist towards everyone.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

Gagi (01-24-2019), jetflag (01-30-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 81 Posts
    Netherlands
    I just stumbled across this one.

along side Epic meal time this is comedy gold.