Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Modern trance with a beach feel

Last Online
    Today @ 15:11 PM
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,387x in 1,764 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by tep View Post
    Glad you liked something.

To be honest, I like them all and I always say they are very good tracks. I really enjoy that style. Each and every track posted in this thread has that beach feel, in addition to being all-round pretty amazing.

BUT

I'm looking for a very specific subset of that. It's hard to get it right, unfortunately, especially because what I'm essentially looking for is modern tracks in an older (say, '06, or early Roger Shah/Junkie XL) style. You guys have definitely listened to more trance tracks than I did - especially in the last few years. So I'm sure you know some tracks that fit what I'm looking for.

I'll try and clarify that more because I think I haven't done that very well in the OP.

Beats in modern tracks are so different - less aggressive kicks, soft claps, loads of (white noise-rich) cymbals, very little percussion. I am looking for something just a bit more 'raw', instead of soft and refined, but released in the past few years. And that's the first criteria by which I decide whether tracks fully fit what I'm looking for or not.

Basslines are a bit less aggressive when it comes to this style of trance nowadays. And that's to give the melodic elements more space. But more isn't always better. I really enjoy hearing a guitar bassline in a track, it gives it more of an organic feel; it's not a necessity though.

Melodically, except for sound design itself, not much has changed. The melodies are there, the atmospheres they create are still there. And in that regard, I like each and every track posted here. That is what gives the tracks the beach feel, but the beats and basslines also matter to me. My mistake for not mentioning that earlier on.

That's why I posted the Sueno track, as a great example of what I'm looking for. Another is Requiem. Allende's remix/revisit of Just A Thought also fits, as well as the York track you posted (the Robert Nickson remix is also pretty good, however a tad bit too modern). These are all more or less perfectly balanced.

And thanks to everyone for posting lots of great music here. Definitely gonna browse the thread more, what with the weather getting warmer and warmer every day.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    10-30-2019 @ 13:12 PM
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,692x in 1,023 Posts
    Estonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post

To be honest, I like them all and I always say they are very good tracks. I really enjoy that style. Each and every track posted in this thread has that beach feel, in addition to being all-round pretty amazing.

BUT

I'm looking for a very specific subset of that. It's hard to get it right, unfortunately, especially because what I'm essentially looking for is modern tracks in an older (say, '06, or early Roger Shah/Junkie XL) style. You guys have definitely listened to more trance tracks than I did - especially in the last few years. So I'm sure you know some tracks that fit what I'm looking for.

I'll try and clarify that more because I think I haven't done that very well in the OP.

Beats in modern tracks are so different - less aggressive kicks, soft claps, loads of (white noise-rich) cymbals, very little percussion. I am looking for something just a bit more 'raw', instead of soft and refined, but released in the past few years. And that's the first criteria by which I decide whether tracks fully fit what I'm looking for or not.

Basslines are a bit less aggressive when it comes to this style of trance nowadays. And that's to give the melodic elements more space. But more isn't always better. I really enjoy hearing a guitar bassline in a track, it gives it more of an organic feel; it's not a necessity though.

Melodically, except for sound design itself, not much has changed. The melodies are there, the atmospheres they create are still there. And in that regard, I like each and every track posted here. That is what gives the tracks the beach feel, but the beats and basslines also matter to me. My mistake for not mentioning that earlier on.

That's why I posted the Sueno track, as a great example of what I'm looking for. Another is Requiem. Allende's remix/revisit of Just A Thought also fits, as well as the York track you posted (the Robert Nickson remix is also pretty good, however a tad bit too modern). These are all more or less perfectly balanced.

And thanks to everyone for posting lots of great music here. Definitely gonna browse the thread more, what with the weather getting warmer and warmer every day.
    I wasnt really trying to be sarcastic :P I know it is so difficult to suggest music based on some written explanation. Music is so subjective, someone can understand "raw" differently than others I disagree in listening to more trance than you in last years, I have been pretty much on an off the scene, every now and then i hear some good track, but life keeps me busy and not browsing for new music like it was 3-4 years ago.
    If you want a bit more raw basslines i suggest checking Hexlogic out, its not really "beach" track, but i really love his sound. He has many great original tracks as well as remixes:

A few more suggestions as well

2016 TOP 5 (updated in July)
    1. Aymon - Sopor
    2. Avenue One feat. Fenja - Call of Summer (Suncatcher Remix)
    3. M.I.K.E. Push - Estivate
    4. The Noble Six - Oddworld
    5. Aurosonic - They Wait For Us (Progressive Remix)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by tep View Post
    I wasnt really trying to be sarcastic :P I know it is so difficult to suggest music based on some written explanation. Music is so subjective, someone can understand "raw" differently than others I disagree in listening to more trance than you in last years, I have been pretty much on an off the scene, every now and then i hear some good track, but life keeps me busy and not browsing for new music like it was 3-4 years ago.
    Looking at your recommendations, I don't know any of them. It's definitely not hard to listen to more tracks nowadays than me. Only this year am I a bit more active in that regard. I have definitely discovered more classics since 2014 than modern tracks.

Yeah, that's why my initial description wasn't really good - it's hard to distinguish modern style from only modern production techniques, especially from only tracks released in modern times, just from the word 'modern'. Hopefully the previous post cleared that up - with some examples as well.

Love that Hexlogic remix, will take it! It's a bit more funky, yeah, but it does have a bit of a beach feel. Vestfold is pretty good as well. Rogue is ok but not exactly what I'm looking for, and Savitri is an outlier here - it's has more of an anthem/classic type of melody.

Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 11:36 AM
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 204x in 163 Posts
    United States
    Nice, relaxed track. The beats are kinda generic, but the rest really shines!

This is actually by elevation.

This is Joni aka JPL.

Last edited by Contact; 04-02-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United States

This album is a treat
    https://www.discogs.com/BIG-Mindscapes/release/354465

Not trance but still nice. Dousk's amazing album DIY

https://www.discogs.com/Dousk-DIY/master/128176
    Last edited by Contact; 04-02-2019 at 13:16 PM.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Lol @Contact this isn't post-tracks-you-like thread. They are all great, but you're missing the point.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United States
    Lol @Contact this isn't post-tracks-you-like thread. They are all great, but you're missing the point.
    You asked for asot 2006 beach yeah? Well this is it...

Last Online
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Contact View Post
    You asked for asot 2006 beach yeah? Well this is it...
    That's correct. But I wanted tracks that sound like that, but were released in the past couple of years. A bit of a stretch, I know.

This thread was actually a bit inspired by Surt - Addition, seeing how it has a lot in common with Incolumis - One With Sanctuary (which is, as you know, included in ASOT 2006). However, only that 'beach' feel is missing.