Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NWYR & Andrew Rayel - The Melody [Armind]

Last Online
    04-08-2019 @ 23:07 PM
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 182x in 110 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    Tranceclassics, I dont think I agree.

I dont care at all about W&W and used to be a huge Airbase fan, so would love to stick my head our for Jezper, but in this one I wouldn’t say its Vagabond.

well, obviously the melody is similar, maybe W&W indeed used these chords/notes as base for their, but the copying is just as bad as Vagabond sounds like Open Your Mind. Using a track as sort of ‘base’ for your own one is probably a very much used working method, specially for the producers who are technically very good, but musically not so much. (I would say Wardt is one of those, which is not meant as negative comment btw, lots of producers are like that).

Lets think of it. Mustang was already cheap, a track based on Joop - The Future? They imitate tracks all the time. But I dont think Airbase should now suddenly be praised as the big inventor.

Then to conclude: I think the melody in all these three tracks isnt very complex. The notes are very predictable. Its sort of the safe choice. Tada ta ta taaaaa, followed by tada ta ta taaaa (a Note lower). Its so basic.

With such standard basic melody writing similarities are bound to happen.
    We'll have to agree to disagree here then I guess mate. I think it's an obvious rip off, and with both of these tracks releasing on ASOT, I find it rather embarrassing and a very poor move.

As simple as the melody or progression may seem to you, I can safely say I've listened to thousands upon thousands of Trance tracks over the years (I'm sure the vast majority of us here have) and straight away I was like "that's Vagabond".

Both Scarab - Vagabond, and Yahel - Open Your Mind are tracks featured on our own channel, (both favourites of mine which I've listened to many a time) but I've never once considered Jezper to have copied the prior. I'm sure if he had he'd not be pursuing this as far as he is.

I'm not saying they sound nothing alike, they do share some of the same notes, but with 'The Melody' it definitely feels much more of a copy and paste job than simply being 'inspired by' , and those are two different things.

Jezper deserves to be credited at least.

Finally....what is this doing in the Trance section....please move admin
    Last edited by tranceclassics; 02-06-2019 at 23:02 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tranceclassics For This Useful Post:

Voci (02-06-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 551x in 279 Posts
    Netherlands
    Its just a simple, hopelessly uninspired melody. Now, and 20 years ago. Soulless track.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vastvision For This Useful Post:

Contact (02-06-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 04:28 AM
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,051x in 721 Posts
    United Kingdom
    I dont see much resemblance with Open Your Mind at all....but yeah this one is a bit of a copy of Vagabond. They probably downloaded the MIDI from nonstop2k and changed a few notes. And if you do that,where do you draw the line regarding copyright if you change a few things?

And how many times has this happened with the Shamu (Strange World) melody?? Theres over 10 tracks at least which has copied it..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Magdelayna For This Useful Post:

Contact (02-06-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 07:07 AM
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473x in 903 Posts
    Netherlands
    There is no line.

The problem is the listeners. For example, I made that First State ripoff video years ago (frustrated teen or something I dunno). But people dont care, some even say tracks arent ripoffs, Sander still has fans and travels the world :”)

W&W also copy a lot. They had a recent track which is a copy of Showtek-Cannonball, but people just disagree when comparing them. Or Ready To Rave which is obviously Dumonde-God Music. People dont care, Armin doesnt care, Ultra Music Festival doesnt care...

Ive really lost the will to care. If nobody cares.... So thats why I say now: this is a fun tune. Thats it. The melody is Alice Deejay-ish. Could have been a comeback Alice Deejay single just like that. Which isnt bad. They were good cheese.

Is it bad to not care anymore? Probably, its morally against what I want to stand for. But it makes life much easier though.

Should Jezper or Yahel be credited? Ill leave it to judges and be fine with whatever comes out of that..
    Last edited by Voci; 02-06-2019 at 23:00 PM.
    IMPORTANT POLL:
    Is the vibe on TranceFix too
    negative? Cast your vote HERE

Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240x in 1,659 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    There is no line.

The problem is the listeners. I made that First State ripoff video years ago (frustrated teen or something I dunno). But people dont care, Sander still has fans and travel the world :”)

W&W also copy a lot. They had a recent track which is a copy of Showtek-Cannonball, but people just disagree.

Ive lost the will to care. So thats why I say: fun tune. The melody is Alice Deejay-ish. Which isnt bad. They were good cheese.
    I think that Greece 2000 (they changed the track title since!!) ripoff shattered all lines which were already weak.

If something like this happens, what can you (legally) do? If the original was released on the same label, the label (probably) owns the rights anyways so it's even pointless to sue them or the artist. If the original was released on a smaller label, and the ripoff on the bigger label, it's an uphill battle where you have more to lose than to gain. Even if you win, the bigger label and its DJs won't play or promote your tracks anymore - and they have a much larger reach. They can easily make smaller labels insignificant.

Aaaaaand yet again we come to the point that the problem is in the listeners. The majority don't really care about the ethics that much. If enough people protested the label in question somehow, made this public or whatever, maybe things would be different. But what can you do, people are either producers themselves and don't want to risk not being the next Armin, or they just have bigger worries in their real life.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Voci (02-07-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 170x in 139 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    I think that Greece 2000 (they changed the track title since!!) ripoff shattered all lines which were already weak.

If something like this happens, what can you (legally) do? If the original was released on the same label, the label (probably) owns the rights anyways so it's even pointless to sue them or the artist. If the original was released on a smaller label, and the ripoff on the bigger label, it's an uphill battle where you have more to lose than to gain. Even if you win, the bigger label and its DJs won't play or promote your tracks anymore - and they have a much larger reach. They can easily make smaller labels insignificant.

Aaaaaand yet again we come to the point that the problem is in the listeners. The majority don't really care about the ethics that much. If enough people protested the label in question somehow, made this public or whatever, maybe things would be different. But what can you do, people are either producers themselves and don't want to risk not being the next Armin, or they just have bigger worries in their real life.
    Not much. Not worth the headache and paperwork but you can publicly shame it and use it to your advantage to promote the original track.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Contact For This Useful Post:

Gagi (02-07-2019)

Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 09:18 AM
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 677x in 514 Posts
    Netherlands
    Spot 1 beatport trance genre at the moment:

The Melody Extended MixAndrew Rayel, NWYRArmind (Armada)

https://www.beatport.com/genre/trance/7

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 783x in 563 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco1979 View Post
    Spot 1 beatport trance genre at the moment:

The Melody Extended MixAndrew Rayel, NWYRArmind (Armada)

https://www.beatport.com/genre/trance/7
    'Extended Mix' of 4:11??

Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 09:18 AM
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 677x in 514 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict-In-Trance View Post
    'Extended Mix' of 4:11??
    hehe, extended mix of 4:11 minutes indeed. You can' t say the promotion/marketing by Armada ain't working (spot 1 in beatport-trancechart).
    Last edited by Marco1979; 02-11-2019 at 19:50 PM.