Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Orjan Nilsen & Dennis Sheperd & Nifra & Estiva - Cabin Fever [In My Opinion]

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    11,689
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,416
    Thanked 1,101x in 911 Posts
    United Kingdom

    Orjan Nilsen & Dennis Sheperd & Nifra & Estiva - Cabin Fever [In My Opinion]

    Preview:
    https://www.edmtunes.com/2019/02/orj...a-cabin-fever/

    Release Date (Beatport & Radio Edit): 22nd February 2019
    Release Date (Extended Mix): 22nd March 2019
    Last edited by MKY661; 02-23-2019 at 00:42 AM.
    Exciting Releases:
    Karanda - Supreme
    Rodrigo Deem - Divo / Totem
    Codeko - Crusader
    Las Salinas - Winston
    Solis & Sean Truby - Armadillo
    Slim Colt - Livi
    Signal Space - Sharik

  2. #2
    Voci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 17:20 PM
    Location
    Groningen, Groningen
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Posts
    4,469
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    429
    Thanked 1,498x in 912 Posts
    Netherlands
    I wonder how the production of this was done.

    I bet Orjan is a studio animal. Estiva too. They make all of their own tracks. They are producer first, then dj. The track sounds like these two mostly. 80% Orjan synths and fx. A little bit Estiva vibes with the mild beatwork?

    what role does Shepherd have? And even worse: Nifra. Probably no role for her?
    Last edited by Voci; 02-21-2019 at 18:20 PM.
    Curious about Voci’s dj-sets? Mixcloud.com/jml-mixes/

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 89x in 45 Posts
    Switzerland
    Shepherd has money and Nifra has something other three do not. Shitty track nevertheless.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheVision For This Useful Post:

    Arnoud (02-22-2019), Contact (02-23-2019), Mathias Hagen (02-22-2019)

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    07-14-2019 @ 23:40 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 20x in 15 Posts
    Canada
    Theres something from all of them in this... this was made with 4 of them physically in the same room so different from the traditional online 'slap a name on it' or 'one person re-engineering someone else's idea'.

    To me I hear Orjan in the melody and groove, Dennis Sheperd in the overall production + beatwork, Nifra and Estiva in FX and maybe some beatwork.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pieces For This Useful Post:

    Dennis Sheperd (02-22-2019)

  7. #5
    Gagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:55 PM
    Location
    Novi Sad
    Gender
    Posts
    5,116
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,413
    Thanked 2,272x in 1,683 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
    Nifra has something other three do not
    Comment of the year.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

    Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (02-22-2019), UpliftxDownlift (02-27-2019)

  9. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 16:39 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,242
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 559x in 282 Posts
    Netherlands
    4 producers and this is the outcome?

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vastvision For This Useful Post:

    Contact (02-23-2019), jetflag (02-26-2019), Marco1979 (02-22-2019), Mathias Hagen (02-22-2019)

  11. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    02-23-2019 @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6x in 1 Post
    Germany
    Always trying to stay in the background and just reading along but had to give my 2 cents here after reading some of the comments.

    The track has been created at a Trance Retreat (it's a concept of mine, where I invite 3 other producers to teach about music production during a holiday-like seminar-week). In this case it was Orjan Nilsen, Estiva and Nifra.

    We ALL created the track. Nifra even mentioned that yesterday during the ASOT 902 interview. Each and everyone of us put something into the track. I actually did ALL the sound-design, and also put everyone elses thoughts into the DAW since it has been created in Cubase 10 and Estiva works in FL studio and Nifra works in Ableton. Only Orjan also works in Cubase.

    @vastvision: I don't know why you are so miserable. The only thing I see of you is talking down other producers productions. I don't know why. Is it because you never made it in the music business and now are frustrated, jealous and hate everyone else?
    The funny thing is, you as an artist yourself should know best how much passion and sweat sometimes goes into a production. So talking disrespectful about someone elses creation is really just ugly and even more if it comes from an artist.

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Sheperd For This Useful Post:

    DannyZero (02-23-2019), MasterTuxx (02-23-2019), munki34 (02-22-2019), Noadja (02-22-2019), Shatadru Sensharma (02-22-2019), Voci (02-22-2019)

  13. #8
    driftmoonmusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 10:55 AM
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Gender
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 72x in 31 Posts
    Czech Republic
    The unsolicited hate in this thread towards one of the few female producers is sickening.

    You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

  14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to driftmoonmusic For This Useful Post:

    DannyZero (02-23-2019), delphionmusic (02-23-2019), Dennis Sheperd (02-22-2019), Gagi (02-22-2019), MasterTuxx (02-23-2019), munki34 (02-22-2019), Shatadru Sensharma (02-22-2019), Sleepy Robot (02-26-2019), Spider-Vice (02-22-2019)

  15. #9
    Gagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:55 PM
    Location
    Novi Sad
    Gender
    Posts
    5,116
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,413
    Thanked 2,272x in 1,683 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by driftmoonmusic View Post
    The unsolicited hate in this thread towards one of the few female producers is sickening.

    You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
    TheVision doesn't seem to like new stuff in general (you can't blame him for that), but I wouldn't go as far as classifying it as hate towards female producers. It's more a result of cynicism and dislike for the track and the scene, rather than outright hate towards the opposite sex (or jealousy in @vastvision's case). Or at least that's how I understood it. Please don't confuse the two. Nobody should be forced to like a certain producer or their tracks because of their sex (or success) - and nobody should hate them for that too. Music talks.

    As for myself, I did find it a bit funny because I didn't expect such a response. This doesn't excuse what was written, and I'm one of the members who tries/tried to fight the sheer amount of negativity here - but let's not classify the negativity as hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Sheperd View Post
    The funny thing is, you as an artist yourself should know best how much passion and sweat goes into a production.
    The amount of passion and sweat (and work and hours) you put into a track does not guarantee it success. It only guarantees that you'll like it and be proud of it. Artists should know that making art isn't about productivity. Plus, for every guy out here that dislikes the track, there are at least 10 more somewhere else who like it.

    Other than that, thanks for clarifying who made what, how and where. At least that argument is over. Also, didn't know about Trance Retreat. Nice concept!



    As for the track, it's decent in every way. It's not bad at all, I just don't find it overly special.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

    Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

    jetflag (02-26-2019), Shatadru Sensharma (02-22-2019)

  17. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 89x in 45 Posts
    Switzerland
    In the trance scene we do not care about genders, that's why we do not protect a female DJ just because of her gender. This forum is brutal, boys. It looks like you cannot handle it in a professional way.

    Making fun of RAM because of his ghost produced tracks is ok but when it comes to a female "oh no boy, you cannot do that!" - actually, this positive discrimination is sickening. Like, c'mon. We all know Nifra cannot produce a full track. And giving some riff ideas to track does not make you a producer. She is not Suzanne Ciani, Ursula Bogner or Peggy Gou. An average DJ and "producer" at her best.

    Having high-talents like Estiva and Orjan in the same project and presenting this track as a result? I would prefer to listen the worst Vast Vision track instead of this malarkey any day, anytime.

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheVision For This Useful Post:

    Arnoud (02-22-2019), Gagi (02-22-2019), jetflag (02-26-2019), Lanto.Trance (02-22-2019), Mathias Hagen (02-22-2019), Shatadru Sensharma (02-22-2019)

  19. #11
    Gagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:55 PM
    Location
    Novi Sad
    Gender
    Posts
    5,116
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,413
    Thanked 2,272x in 1,683 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
    In the trance scene we do not care about genders, that's why we do not protect a female DJ just because of her gender. This forum is brutal, boys. It looks like you cannot handle it in a professional way.

    Making fun of RAM because of his ghost produced tracks is ok but when it comes to a female "oh no boy, you cannot do that!" - actually, this positive discrimination is sickening. Like, c'mon. We all know Nifra cannot produce a full track. And giving some riff ideas to track does not make you a producer. She is not Suzanne Ciani, Ursula Bogner or Peggy Gou. An average DJ and "producer" at her best.
    Exactly what I wanted to say (though my post is waiting for mod's approval, for some reason). It's just not hate or bigotry.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

    Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

  20. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked 230x in 171 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by driftmoonmusic View Post
    The unsolicited hate in this thread towards one of the few female producers is sickening.

    You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Last edited by Arnoud; 02-22-2019 at 15:06 PM.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arnoud For This Useful Post:

    Gagi (02-22-2019), jetflag (02-26-2019)

  22. #13
    driftmoonmusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 10:55 AM
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Gender
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 72x in 31 Posts
    Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
    In the trance scene we do not care about genders, that's why we do not protect a female DJ just because of her gender. This forum is brutal, boys. It looks like you cannot handle it in a professional way.

    Making fun of RAM because of his ghost produced tracks is ok but when it comes to a female "oh no boy, you cannot do that!" - actually, this positive discrimination is sickening. Like, c'mon. We all know Nifra cannot produce a full track. And giving some riff ideas to track does not make you a producer. She is not Suzanne Ciani, Ursula Bogner or Peggy Gou. An average DJ and "producer" at her best.

    Having high-talents like Estiva and Orjan in the same project and presenting this track as a result? I would prefer to listen the worst Vast Vision track instead of this malarkey any day, anytime.
    This is exactly the problem. Nicolle can produce and does produce.

    What started as a rumour more than 10 years ago is now considered what, a fact? Please before you make such horrible accusations try to understand the history of how the rumour actually started before perpetuating it yourself.

    You can tell me my music is shit and I won't fight you on that, music is subjective. However you seem to be spilling this 'hate' towards her for no reason. It helps absolutely no-one. Well maybe it does caress your ego a bit. I only wish more people would understand that rising tide lifts all boats.

  23. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:17 PM
    Location
    Glasgow
    Gender
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 137x in 120 Posts
    Scotland
    i really like this one, the original mix for me and ill buy it today.. Im sure Estiva played it too last Saturday at SWG3 Glasgow when Armin and Estiva were playing.. Great night

  24. #15
    driftmoonmusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 10:55 AM
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Gender
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 72x in 31 Posts
    Czech Republic
    And to address your point, because this is a conversation after all, albeit in digital form - RAM is ghost-produced. And ghost-written. Simple label copy search of his tracks can prove it if anyone doesn't want to take my word for granted.

    We need to start differentiating between facts and rumours.

Similar Threads

  1. OUT Orjan Nilsen - Simulator [In My Opinion]
    By MKY661 in forum (Upcoming) Trance Releases
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2018, 15:41 PM
  2. Orjan Nilsen - Tradekraft [In My Opinion]
    By Z Dobrej Woli in forum (Upcoming) Trance Releases
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2017, 04:13 AM
  3. OUT VA - 10 Years Of Orjan Nilsen EP 1 [In My Opinion]
    By MKY661 in forum (Upcoming) Trance Releases
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2015, 13:52 PM
  4. Orjan Nilsen - Amis Ama [In My Opinion]
    By Lass in forum (Upcoming) Trance Releases
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 15:37 PM
  5. Orjan Nilsen - The Drop EP [In My Opinion]
    By Txebe in forum Other EDM releases by (former) trance producers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 05:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •