Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: Orjan Nilsen & Dennis Sheperd & Nifra & Estiva - Cabin Fever [In My Opinion]

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:18 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 92x in 46 Posts
    Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by driftmoonmusic View Post
    This is exactly the problem. Nicolle can produce and does produce.

    What started as a rumour more than 10 years ago is now considered what, a fact? Please before you make such horrible accusations try to understand the history of how the rumour actually started before perpetuating it yourself.

    You can tell me my music is shit and I won't fight you on that, music is subjective. However you seem to be spilling this 'hate' towards her for no reason. It helps absolutely no-one. Well maybe it does caress your ego a bit. I only wish more people would understand that rising tide lifts all boats.
    She is just filling the "female" spot on a male-dominated trance scene with the help of her gender. This is a fact. When you accept that you will understand why it's okay to make fun of Nifra and her "average" DJing and producing. Trying to protect your fellow countrymen is understandable though.

    If you really cared about being impartial, you would also criticize Sheperd here as he is trying to bash Vast Vision just because he "didn't make it" (i love this appeal to accomplishment fallacy, which is being used by trash people while arguing something. Hey Shepherd, we discuss about your track here dude. Not Vast Vision's career. ) but it seems you do not care about being fair/equal here. You just try to protect someone you probably know personally.
    Last edited by TheVision; 02-22-2019 at 16:28 PM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheVision For This Useful Post:

    Arnoud (02-23-2019), Contact (02-23-2019)

  3. #17
    driftmoonmusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 11:55 AM
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Gender
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 72x in 31 Posts
    Czech Republic
    I didn't notice Dennis' comment until you mentioned it, reading it now I do not agree with that attitude.
    I would never make fun or bash producers who are less successful. Career in music (and arts) in general is extremely volatile and it needs hard work and sacrifices, not all of us can make music full time or actually love what we do for a living.

    That being said let's focus on the first issue, yes I do know Nicolle personally and yes she's a friend. I am not saying that didn't spark my reply but I am simply trying to let you know that she indeed does produce. Maybe it's not your cup of tea but she deserves respect for actually trying to make impact in (as you eloquently put it) male dominated society.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to driftmoonmusic For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (02-23-2019)

  5. #18
    atragun91091's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    12-05-2019 @ 18:52 PM
    Location
    Philadelphia,Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 76x in 64 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by driftmoonmusic View Post
    The unsolicited hate in this thread towards one of the few female producers is sickening.

    You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Errr, there might be some immature comments about Nifra(and the other producers as well) but nothing about hate towards female producers. Do we really need to add silly SJW nonsense to this?

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atragun91091 For This Useful Post:

    Arnoud (02-23-2019), Chaim Mankoff (02-26-2019), Gagi (02-22-2019), jetflag (02-26-2019)

  7. #19
    atragun91091's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    12-05-2019 @ 18:52 PM
    Location
    Philadelphia,Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 76x in 64 Posts
    United States
    As for the track, its actually not too bad after a few listens. Not exactly my cup of tea, but it does grow on you after a few listens. I can definitely see each producers trait in the track. Here's hoping for some remixes as well. Could really enhance it.

  8. #20
    Voci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 19:25 PM
    Location
    Assen, Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Posts
    4,586
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    441
    Thanked 1,583x in 962 Posts
    Netherlands
    Well, it's good to see producers secretly reading along and having a Trancefix account isn't it?

    We live in a world one should be "not guilty, until proven otherwise", and not the other way round. So if Dennis Shepherd says it's made with the 4 of them, with all contributing, then I suppose it's like that. I do still think, in my opinion (no pun intended), that it sounds like 80% Orjan Nilsen.

    Anyway, I do agree with Vast Vision though that the track isn't that whooo-amazing!!. When a collab with 4 comes out, you obviously raise expectations. If this was a solo Orjan track. I would have thought: Yeah alright, it's a fun tune. Would like it during ASOT tomorrow. It's not too bad. But it won't be remembered though. Orjan has lots better tracks. Estiva too. Shepherd himself as well. The bar is just set very high when releasing something with 4 producers on 1 track.

    I also want to defend Vast Vision as he also posts enough positive replies. I think it's great that known producers dare to speak their mind, and not just 'love everything' just because it might be better for careers.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Voci For This Useful Post:

    Arnoud (02-23-2019), Gagi (02-22-2019), jetflag (02-26-2019), pmvibes (02-24-2019)

  10. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 20:48 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 597x in 303 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by driftmoonmusic View Post
    The unsolicited hate in this thread towards one of the few female producers is sickening.

    You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Absolutely agree on this point.

    @ dennis I speak when I love a track, and I speak when I dislike a track (especially when i expect great things from such talented producers). I think somehow you guys managed to hide everyone's individual strong points very well in this tune, resulting in quite a bland and forgettable tune.

    I have a few releases coming up this year, feel free to post your opinion on them anytime.
    Last edited by vastvision; 02-22-2019 at 21:18 PM.

  11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vastvision For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (02-23-2019), Dennis Sheperd (02-22-2019), Gagi (02-22-2019), MasterTuxx (02-23-2019), pmvibes (02-24-2019), UpliftxDownlift (02-27-2019)

  12. #22
    Gagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 23:06 PM
    Location
    Novi Sad
    Gender
    Posts
    5,466
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,590
    Thanked 2,409x in 1,782 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    I do still think, in my opinion (no pun intended), that it sounds like 80% Orjan Nilsen.
    My thought was that it sounds like 100% Orjan. Though I'm not really familiar with others' discographies.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

    Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

  13. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 20:48 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 597x in 303 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Sheperd View Post
    Always trying to stay in the background and just reading along but had to give my 2 cents here after reading some of the comments.

    @vastvision: I don't know why you are so miserable. The only thing I see of you is talking down other producers productions. I don't know why. Is it because you never made it in the music business and now are frustrated, jealous and hate everyone else?
    The funny thing is, you as an artist yourself should know best how much passion and sweat sometimes goes into a production. So talking disrespectful about someone elses creation is really just ugly and even more if it comes from an artist.
    Looking at my wall full of vinyl releases, ASOT yearmixes, big ass compilations, tracks with Kathy Fisher, a ASOT radio classic, dozens of releases on all major labels, I can't complain.

    I never had the ambition to become a DJ. Did it for a while, genuinely disliked it. I have 2 beautiful kids and wife, and a great job. I have absolutely no reason to be frustrated or jealous. I am producer and a passionate trance listener with an outspoken opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Take it with a grain of salt please, geez.

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vastvision For This Useful Post:

    Arnoud (02-23-2019), delphionmusic (02-23-2019), Dennis Sheperd (02-22-2019), jetflag (02-26-2019), MasterTuxx (02-23-2019), UpliftxDownlift (02-27-2019)

  15. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    02-23-2019 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6x in 1 Post
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by driftmoonmusic View Post
    I didn't notice Dennis' comment until you mentioned it, reading it now I do not agree with that attitude.
    I would never make fun or bash producers who are less successful. Career in music (and arts) in general is extremely volatile and it needs hard work and sacrifices, not all of us can make music full time or actually love what we do for a living.
    I didn’t mean it in such a way but we figured it out privately already.

    Quote Originally Posted by vastvision View Post
    @ dennis I speak when I love a track, and I speak when I dislike a track (especially when i expect great things from such talented producers). I think somehow you guys managed to hide everyone's individual strong points very well in this tune, resulting in quite a bland and forgettable tune.
    Thanks, this is actual feedback and I fully accept your opinion about it without a problem! To be honest, we just had fun on that day producing music in front of the group at Trance Retreat without any pressure and we liked the outcome of the tune. That's why we decided to release it.

    Quote Originally Posted by vastvision View Post
    I never had the ambition to become a DJ. Did it for a while, genuinely disliked it. I have 2 beautiful kids and wife, and a great job. I have absolutely no reason to be frustrated or jealous. I am producer and a passionate trance listener with an outspoken opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Take it with a grain of salt please, geez.
    I apologise for my 'nasty' comment. Was non-factual and should have not been there. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    However, I am just asking for respect towards someones art and work especially as an artist.
    Even if you are not a fan of a certain style, you should still be able to appreciate the sweat and hard work that went into it.
    Last edited by Dennis Sheperd; 02-23-2019 at 11:09 AM.

  16. #25

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    11,908
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,426
    Thanked 1,126x in 932 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Orjan Nilsen Club Mix:


    Out Now:
    https://imo056.lnk.to/CFYA
    Exciting Releases:
    Karanda - Supreme
    Rodrigo Deem - Divo / Totem
    Codeko - Crusader
    Las Salinas - Winston
    Solis & Sean Truby - Armadillo
    Slim Colt - Livi
    Signal Space - Sharik

  17. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 20:48 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 597x in 303 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Sheperd View Post
    A shame you interpreted my comment that way but let's leave it at that and discuss personal issues maybe in a private chat.


    Thanks, this is actual feedback and I fully accept your opinion about it without a problem! To be honest, we just had fun on that day producing music in front of the group at Trance Retreat without any pressure and we liked the outcome of the tune. That's why we decided to release it.


    I apologise for my 'nasty' comment. Was non-factual and should have not been there. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    However, I am just asking for respect towards someones art and work especially as an artist.
    Even if you are not a fan of a certain style, you should still be able to appreciate the sweat and hard work that went into it.
    Fair enough. All settled then

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to vastvision For This Useful Post:

    Dennis Sheperd (02-23-2019)

  19. #27
    Magdelayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 23:18 PM
    Location
    Yorkshire,England
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Posts
    2,795
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 1,123x in 779 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    I think it's great that known producers dare to speak their mind, and not just 'love everything' just because it might be better for careers.

    I hate this perception that if youre a producer you cant have an opinion. I was a fan,clubber,listener long before i produced anything - il say what i think of a track,im not bothered if people dont like my view. Yes,there are bitter guys who give hate comments because they couldnt 'make' it in the scene as a producer - but Vast Vision isnt one of those..hes had quite a fair bit of success compared to thousands who have tried....So Shepard's comment based off a one line opinion from VV is pretty bitchy really.

    P.S. the more producers on a track doesnt make it a better production imo...sometimes you can 'over-do' things.

  20. #28
    Magdelayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 23:18 PM
    Location
    Yorkshire,England
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Posts
    2,795
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 1,123x in 779 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Sheperd View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    However, I am just asking for respect towards someones art and work especially as an artist.
    Even if you are not a fan of a certain style, you should still be able to appreciate the sweat and hard work that went into it.
    You can still give a negative opinion,regardless of how many weeks of sweat went into it.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Magdelayna For This Useful Post:

    jetflag (02-26-2019)

  22. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    02-23-2019 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6x in 1 Post
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdelayna View Post
    You can still give a negative opinion,regardless of how many weeks of sweat went into it.
    Again, it depends on HOW you say things.
    If you call a tune “utter bullshit” or say “the tune isn’t my thing” is a big difference.
    With the first statement you try to impose your opinion on other people and make it seem as if it is a fact although in the end it’s still just YOUR opinion.
    I can honestly dislike a tune but still appreciate the work the work that went into it and therefore be respectful with the statements I give about the tune.

  23. #30
    Magdelayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 23:18 PM
    Location
    Yorkshire,England
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Posts
    2,795
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 1,123x in 779 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Sheperd View Post
    I can honestly dislike a tune but still appreciate the work the work that went into it and therefore be respectful with the statements I give about the tune.
    Yes but you dont have to mention that everytime you make a comment..we all know what effort goes into productions. Giving a criticism isnt showing a lack of respect.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Magdelayna For This Useful Post:

    jetflag (02-26-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. OUT Orjan Nilsen - Simulator [In My Opinion]
    By MKY661 in forum (Upcoming) Trance Releases
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2018, 16:41 PM
  2. Orjan Nilsen - Tradekraft [In My Opinion]
    By Z Dobrej Woli in forum (Upcoming) Trance Releases
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2017, 05:13 AM
  3. OUT VA - 10 Years Of Orjan Nilsen EP 1 [In My Opinion]
    By MKY661 in forum (Upcoming) Trance Releases
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2015, 14:52 PM
  4. Orjan Nilsen - Amis Ama [In My Opinion]
    By Lass in forum (Upcoming) Trance Releases
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 16:37 PM
  5. Orjan Nilsen - The Drop EP [In My Opinion]
    By Txebe in forum Other EDM releases by (former) trance producers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •