Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [OUT] JOOF EDITIONS - VOL.5 (John 00 Fleming, Gai Barone, Paul Thomas, Tim Penner) [JOOF RECORDINGS]

Last Online
    06-22-2019 @ 18:58 PM
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 528x in 324 Posts
    Bulgaria

[OUT] JOOF EDITIONS - VOL.5 (John 00 Fleming, Gai Barone, Paul Thomas, Tim Penner) [JOOF RECORDINGS]

JOOF Editions Volume 5

We’ve gained quite a cult following with our JOOF Editions mix compilations over the past four years, this year I decided to shake things up a little to celebrate the hard work from fellow friends/colleagues who’ve contributed to the fresh musical movement that’s upon us. Between myself, Paul Thomas, Gai Barone and Tim Penner we’ve created in total over 7 hours of blissful individual mixes.

This will be released on April 1st on JOOF Recordings , this date chosen as its also my birthday (yes I’m a fool!).

- John 00 Fleming

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

OUT NOW!

https://www.beatport.com/release/joo...-vol-5/2525428

RELEASE DATE 2019-04-01
    Last edited by N7pSTR; 04-01-2019 at 21:57 PM.
    Graphic Designer from Bulgaria. Electronic lover.
    I've worked with some great DJ's.
    Portfolio here: www.dragomirbojkilov.com

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:37 PM
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 183x in 150 Posts
    United States
    BOOOOORING! It sounds lifeless.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Bulgaria
    Quote Originally Posted by Contact View Post
    BOOOOORING! It sounds lifeless.
    But because of the track selection, or? Actually I'm very curious. JOOF's Sound is getting really progressive and smooth. I wanna see the results for this one.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:37 PM
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 183x in 150 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by N7pSTR View Post
    But because of the track selection, or? Actually I'm very curious. JOOF's Sound is getting really progressive and smooth. I wanna see the results for this one.
    I only go by the trackselection. It's boring. There is no journey involved in this album or the tracks selected. A few of them have appeared already. There is nothing new and interesting about this album. It does not make you feel alive, young, free spirited, deep or spiritual. It sounds like someone who is about to be in his death bed that has selected the tracks. BORING album.

Last Online
    Today @ 00:11 AM
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,198x in 1,514 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Looking forward to this as always.
    @N7pSTR did you do this artwork for this one?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

N7pSTR (03-06-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Bulgaria
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Looking forward to this as always.
    @N7pSTR did you do this artwork for this one?
    Yes, Hansmon. Including the painting. Right now I'm doing almost everything for the JOOF Brand. They are really motivated, working hard to expand their label and artists. A lot of fresh ideas are coming from them, and I'm not saying that just because I work with them. They are really giving everything and put a lot of passion on what they do.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to N7pSTR For This Useful Post:

Bensonw3x (03-07-2019), enlusion (03-06-2019), Seachy_001 (03-09-2019), Sleepy Robot (03-06-2019), Tievb21 (03-07-2019)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 112x in 75 Posts
    Russian Federation
    Can't wait to have a bunch of listens to this one! Tracklist looks amazing!
    Owner of Forescape Digital Recordings.

http://instagram.com/forescapedigitalrecordings

Last Online
    04-02-2019 @ 20:46 PM
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 33x in 11 Posts
    United Kingdom
    I only go by the trackselection. It's boring. There is no journey involved in this album or the tracks selected. A few of them have appeared already. There is nothing new and interesting about this album. It does not make you feel alive, young, free spirited, deep or spiritual. It sounds like someone who is about to be in his death bed that has selected the tracks. BORING album.
    Trance is currently in one of the lowest points in its history, the next generation are taking different musical paths. Not only are Trance sales really poor, but the Trance club scene is in a very bad shape too, hardly any weekly Trance clubs around the world at all.

Whilst others are working hard to rebuild this great genre its purists like you that are single handedly pulling it to pieces. Take your blinkers off and understand there are different flavours to the Trance world other than the niche sound that you like, I have no idea why you have to troll every single release and topic here criticising. Why not put the same energy into investing into putting clubs shows on, or making music like everyone else.

You’re on a public forum, imagine all the sales, or attention that has been lost by people reading your words and not clicking through to a release, you’re potentially damaging the careers of artists that are desperately trying to break through and make change, along with putting hours, and hours of investment into the Trance scene.
    People like you are the exact reason why others head to other more friendly scenes, who in their right mind would want their release to end up on forum to have you shred it to pieces.

Have a think about it for a moment……

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Glen JOOF For This Useful Post:

Altair (03-07-2019), AstralNilaya (03-08-2019), Bensonw3x (03-07-2019), DannyZero (03-07-2019), Gagi (03-07-2019), MasterTuxx (03-07-2019), N7pSTR (03-07-2019), PeenutsDx (03-07-2019), Seachy_001 (03-09-2019), Sleepy Robot (04-11-2019), Tievb21 (03-07-2019), UpliftxDownlift (03-07-2019)

Last Online
    07-16-2019 @ 04:12 AM
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 79x in 52 Posts
    United States
    oh god here we go again someone bitching and whining about where Trance stands nowadays! The lowest point of Trance was 2011-2013. These past years Trance has been evolving in a better and stronger direction. Trance scene has insanely developed in US, especially in LA especially compared to those "Golden" age of Trance early 2001s, there was maybe one or two clubs, but in LA and even Bay Area, there a lot more, even compared to two years ago when I moved back to LA. Chicago has been steady, and hopefully there will be more clubs like Sound-Bar, the Trance vibe in midwest is freaking amazing.

STOP BITCHING like little child and grow the fuck up!

That applies to the lame, nonconstructive criticism as well. If you don't like a release just pass on, if you feel you have to express yourself then be more thoughtful, maybe something like "not my cup of tea, but I'm sure these talented artists will do something amazing" ?
    Last edited by INCEPTION; 03-06-2019 at 22:25 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 508x in 333 Posts
    Indonesia
    So there will be new Miika Kuisma album on the way?

Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 09:18 AM
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 677x in 514 Posts
    Netherlands
    Looking forward to this release. One of the few trance labels who' s ' keeping it real'.
    Together with Pure Trance and some others still trying to release good trance & progressive.
    The Anjunabeats, Armada and some Blackhole labels are the labels who' re 'fucking' up the trancescene with their house-releases for years now imo @Contact Remember the amazing recent release Neon by TDB for example.
    Last edited by Marco1979; 03-07-2019 at 13:35 PM.

Last Online
    04-02-2019 @ 20:46 PM
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 33x in 11 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Mate, I know my post may seem snobish/arrogant but it's more disappointment rather than anger. Don't confuse my posts as being an asshole. I love this music a lot and that's why I still promote the good music for free because I love it that much.If you are struggling, it's okay to ask for help. There is nothing noble about bottling up your pain and suffering - and there is help available if you are struggling. I only wish that you people take care of yourselves because sales don't matter much, but the music that artist make often reflects their mental health and overall health and I am greatly worried about all of your health.

Do you want to know why Trance sales are low? Have you asked why that is? It's because you people gave up on the genre. There is still plenty of Trance being made but you are not giving it the love it deserves. Your boss doesn't either and neither does Armin.Trance requires Tender LOVE and Care. Why?

Trance is the human soul that deserves to be preserved. The problem with this music is that it lacks passion, and the drive. It sounds like someone who is not well mentally. It's the same with armin. Maybe it's time to go seek help from a doctor and there is no shame in asking for help. I did If you are lacking music inspiration, I can send you some good shit, but you people don't want to play it.

Do you lack inspiration? Do you lack sleep? When was the last time you people went for a health checkup? I think all of you have a sickness that you are not aware of - I wasn't until I got checked out. There is definitely a sickness in the air that is affecting us all but I thankfully am getting treated before long term damage could be done.

I love music and with love sometimes brings with it a lot of tough love too but at the end of the day, I am not here for malicious reasons. This music is my life, it runs through my veins and I owe it everything. I am currently battling a very serious illness/disability and a respiratory disorder, which was exacerbated by a car accident(Drunk pedestrian smashed into my car while I was driving) but you know what? The music helps fight the pain and unlike most people, I didn't turn to drugs or alcohol to escape my problems or turn my back on the music that helped me through the pain.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re unwell, my wife is currently fighting cancer, but she still has the decency to be polite and be kind to myself and my children. It’s manners.

You also have a love and passion for your personal take/niche on the Trance world but the thing that you need to understand, just because you like that style, you presume all the other Trance DJ’s should be supporting and seem to get angry because they don’t. We’re all human beings and have different tastes in; food, fashion, cars, music and Trance. We have many Trance DJ’s doing an amazing job pushing (and being successful) their passionate take on the Trance world, Pure Trance, FSOE, Anjunabeats, VII, JOOF etc.
    Just think for a moment where would we be without those great Trance brands offering different flavours of Trance?

I know first hand that many of these DJs are working hard together to invest back into the Trance scene, just recently my boss John working with Armin creating a Progressive Trance stage two years in a row.

If we take a look at this compilation release on JOOF, it’s the first time John’s given up his slot to offer a platform to support the next generation like Tim Penner and Paul Thomas for example. This can be a big step in their careers, but by you coming here posting ‘BORING bla bla, no journey’ when you haven’t even heard the mixes (as not released until April), is plain wrong and disrespectful.
    You have no idea of the damage that your words could do psychologically to say Tim Penner for example whom is working so hard on his own sound/career, not to mention the missing clicks and attention that you’ve just taken away from him.

To you, you make think it’s fun to take the moral high ground and police the forum, but just take a moment to think about what you are doing, and the potential damage you are doing to peoples careers and brands. Instead, as another poster just said simply say not your thing or don’t comment at all.
    Why not invest your energy into creating posts and supporting the great music you just posted, create hype and attention to that world and the artists, after all this is exactly how John started JOOF. Rich started Pure Trance etc. They pursued with this passion, swimming against the tide, the rest is history.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glen JOOF For This Useful Post:

PeenutsDx (03-08-2019), Tievb21 (03-08-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Bulgaria
    My main point is that their lack of sales is down to their approach to selling i.e. not expanding to bandcamp etc and the fact that they are selling music that no one wants to buy. I am a huge TA, but even I still think that this compilation is extremely boring. There is nothing Trancey about it. It sounds hollow on the inside. I hate to be rude like this but it's the truth. There is nothing good to say about these tracks but the tracks I have posted have got deep personalities.
    Hell even this one has got rich personality. Stuff like this is like 2004 Joof sound.

The tracks you posted are good. But you have to understand that this genre is split into 1000 sub-genres and everyone of them has their own followers and fans. The JOOF Sound, the Anjuna Sound, The ASOT Sound, the Cattaneo sound, as you want to call them... All the labels believe in what they are doing, believing with their own reasons. This is the JOOF sound right now. People's taste change.
    I barely listen to trance right now. Sometimes I put a bit of progressive house, soulful house or I just switch to hard rock or indie.

JOOF Editions 5 is the proposition of this label for this year. Thats their trending sound, that's what they believe in. You don't need to like ti. But please, let's do not turn this post into another "trance is dying" or "this one sucks" topic. You can always open a positive topic in Music Discussion, post those tracks, and ask: "hey people, look those cool tracks, what do you think about them? let's support these guys".

This one for example is a Bliss:

https://www.beatport.com/track/hardw...l-mix/11674746

Last Online
    Today @ 03:00 AM
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 54x in 37 Posts
    Antarctica
    Only thing I agree with Contact about in this thread is that a lot of techno these days is more trancey than stuff labelled "trance." But then, I always associate trance with either "hypnotic" or "goa," so maybe I'm just weird.

It blows my mind that someone would pick out a JOOF mix comp as a bad island in the sea of formulaic tech-lift, bro-ed out psyroom, and generic EDM bullshit. JOOF is doing us all a favor, both as a DJ and a label, and I'm looking forward to seeing him this summer for a third time since I know he will (again) make 90% of the rest of the DJs who come through here sound like they don't know how to read a crowd.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AstralNilaya For This Useful Post:

Hensmon (03-17-2019), Marco1979 (03-08-2019), Tievb21 (03-08-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Bulgaria
    Tracklist: JOOF Editions Vol. 5

John 00 Fleming mix

Rick Pier O’Neil – Earth Mover (Stas Drive Remix)
    Sebastian Busto – Budapest
    Alex O’Rion – Neuron (Version 1)
    Basil O’Glue – Nekyia (Facade Remix)
    Parallel Universe – The Decision
    Analog Jungs – Phoenix (Subandrio Remix)
    Black 8 & Arrab – Sandwaves
    Forty Cats – Fluency Rate
    Basil O’Glue – Shrine (Early mix)
    Stan Kolev ‘Ananda’
    Jerome Isma-ae & Tone Depth – Arise
    Jerome Isma & Alastor – Timelapse (Extended Mix)
    Airwave – Perth To San Diego
    Miika Kuisma – Tri-be
    John 00 Fleming & EEEMUS – Drop From The Vile (Basil O’Glue Remix)
    Alex Morelli – In Requiem
    Jon Hopkins – Singularity (ANNA Remix)
    MVMB & Antimatter – Odyssey
    Trilingo – Aika
    Sisko electrofanatik & klaark – Onium
    Cetera – bACON AND cHIPS (Roby M Rage Remix)
    John 00 Fleming – Looking Back To look forward.
    Robert Elster – Antenna
    LSG – Netherworld (Oliver Prime remix)

Paul Thomas

Antrim & Kamilo Sanclemente feat. Paula OS – Once & Again
    Paul Thomas & White-Akre – Goliath (Dimuth K remix)
    Kamilo Sanclemente & Juan Pablo Torrez – Plannar
    Dmitry Molosh – Sacra – Replug
    Aly & Fila vs Ferry Corsten – Camellia (Dmitry Molosh Remix)
    Grazze – Cat & Mouse (D-Formation Remix)
    Jerome Isma-Ae & Alastor – Timelapse (Martin Roth Remix)
    Stan Kolev – Inscape – Outta Limits
    Sam Heyman – Celestials (Matan Caspi Remix)
    Matan Caspi & Ziger – Tampler
    Paul Thomas – Lorax
    Bluum – Weyland
    Paul Thomas Joheja
    Andre Sobota – 18th Hour
    Aneesh Gera – Solace (Paul Thomas & White-Akre Remix)
    Fuenka – Kosmic – FSOE UV
    Andretta – Be With You
    Stereo Underground feat Sealine – Flashes (Gai Barone Remix)

Gai Barone mix

Ayer Astura – Repaired
    Dead Panther – At noon
    Gai Barone – 1975
    Revolutionary Blocks – SH101
    Jan Johnston – Calling your Name (Gai Barone Stripped Remix)
    Celvee – After one day
    Gai Barone – Ripley
    Charlotte Petitte – Broken Glass
    FOLUAL – Alphabeta
    Barra Uno – Shaper5
    Gai Barone – Hardware
    Gai Barone – When The Swallows Come Back Home (Quivver Remix)
    Glowplan – Voco
    Tannura – Live
    David Forbes presents Hal Stucker – Celeste
    Mark Found – Calculator
    Gai Barone – The Dancing (Fading Mix)

Tim Penner

Raisell – Twarz (Main Leaf Remix)
    Michael A – Endless Time (Anton MAKe Remix)
    Deep Fog & Cream – Iridium (Pacco & Rudy B Remix)
    Phil Martyn – Storm (Original Mix)
    Tim Penner – Force Density
    The Stupid Experts – Night and Day (Original Mix)
    Be Morais – Sleepwalker
    Tim Penner – New Technologies
    Dowden – Orka (Tomek Rmx)
    Rick Pier O’Neil – Throaty (Original Mix)
    ACUMEN – Post Modern (JOBE Remix)
    Tim Penner – Rebirth (Club Mix)
    Tim Penner – Oceans Between
    Theo Fraga – Emerge (Feemarx Remix)
    AWKA – Lobbo
    Ezequiel Arias – Passenger (Original Mix)
    Tim Penner – Down Again
    Ivanshee – Orbital Throb (Alessandro Spaiani Remix)
    Beswerda – Van Melle
    Ezequiel Arias – Control Is an Illusion (Original Mix)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N7pSTR For This Useful Post:

Hensmon (03-17-2019), Marco1979 (03-08-2019)