Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Thread: Boris Deckert - Surin [Always Alive Recordings]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:31 PM
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,123x in 929 Posts
    United Kingdom

Boris Deckert - Surin [Always Alive Recordings]

Release Date (All Stores): 17th May 2019

Boris Deckert makes his Always Alive debut with powerful single 'Surin'. An emphatic first release from the Polish producer, 'Surin' puts Deckert's production chops on clear display. A racing track that feels like its over as soon as it starts, this first release is a clear indication of whats to come from the rising talent. Hard Trance in all its glory on Always Alive; this is 'Surin' from Boris Deckert.

Exciting Releases:
    Karanda - Supreme
    Rodrigo Deem - Divo / Totem
    Codeko - Crusader
    Las Salinas - Winston
    Solis & Sean Truby - Armadillo
    Slim Colt - Livi
    Signal Space - Sharik

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MKY661 For This Useful Post:

Boris Deckert (05-11-2019)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:07 PM
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,223x in 1,547 Posts
    Sweden
    This was way worse than +10 latest releases on AA. Steroids deluxe.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 89x in 45 Posts
    Switzerland
    this is prime example of template trance.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:31 PM
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,123x in 929 Posts
    United Kingdom
    He's 16 years old btw
    Exciting Releases:
    Karanda - Supreme
    Rodrigo Deem - Divo / Totem
    Codeko - Crusader
    Las Salinas - Winston
    Solis & Sean Truby - Armadillo
    Slim Colt - Livi
    Signal Space - Sharik

Last Online
    05-11-2019 @ 19:24 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 1 Post
    Poland
    Hey guys. Thanks for sharing my new track here! It's a big pleasure for me. I just want to reffer to some comments.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
    this is prime example of template trance.
    I do understand that not everybody likes it and it's okay for me. But please tell me on what basis some people state that kind of theories? How can you say that I used here a 'release-ready' template if you even didn't see my project inside? It really demotivates to further work. Actually I made that track from total scratch using my previous production experience and emotions and it's really sad to read stuff like that which shows no respect for my very hard work I put here. Honestly, I am against using templates.

Anyway I am still proud of this release and I hope you will like my further work, which will be finished and published very soon.
    Best regards and have a great day everyone!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boris Deckert For This Useful Post:

delphionmusic (05-11-2019), MasterTuxx (05-12-2019), MKY661 (05-11-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 89x in 45 Posts
    Switzerland
    You are only 16 and already looking for %100 positive comments on your works? been listening trance more than 16 years, let me decide if this track sounds like a template or not. "template trance" does not mean you used templates on your production, it refers to its vibes, and it sounds like a template uplifter. you might put really hard work on your tracks but this does not bring "respect" within.

i also dislike age references when it comes to music. anyway, another Polish producer Evbointh was 17 years old and produced One Wish. So what?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 14:09 PM
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 162x in 113 Posts
    Finland
    If you just 16, one advice: forget about trance. I think by "template trance" he mean the style of trance. style of trance that is already done million times which makes it sound like a template track. Its well produced track but nothing special.
    Last edited by delphionmusic; 05-11-2019 at 21:33 PM.
    Miikka Leinonen Feat Kim Kiona - Breath Of The Wild (Alter Ego Pure) COMING OUT SOON!! Including Original and Dub Mixes (remixes by Taival and Atraxia & Aamos on separate release)

Last Online
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,372x in 1,753 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Deckert View Post
    Hey guys. Thanks for sharing my new track here! It's a big pleasure for me. I just want to reffer to some comments.

I do understand that not everybody likes it and it's okay for me. But please tell me on what basis some people state that kind of theories? How can you say that I used here a 'release-ready' template if you even didn't see my project inside? It really demotivates to further work. Actually I made that track from total scratch using my previous production experience and emotions and it's really sad to read stuff like that which shows no respect for my very hard work I put here. Honestly, I am against using templates.

Anyway I am still proud of this release and I hope you will like my further work, which will be finished and published very soon.
    Best regards and have a great day everyone!
    Good that you're proud of it, and at 16 you should be! I didn't even start producing at 16, at least not seriously. I wouldn't have a first release until I was 21 I think, and even then it wasn't a solo work. At 16 you achieved something I only dreamed of at that age. So congrats on that!

But, about the 'template' comment, it surely doesn't mean that you must've used the template. It's just that it sounds like that - like a lot of tracks nowadays do. If that was your goal then fine, and in that case you should just ignore us. But (some of) us here want something a bit more unique, something we don't feel like we've heard a lot of times. We all have our idols and would love to make something like they make, but guess what - there's a lot of other producers doing that same thing.

Personally, I feel the same way. The more unique your stuff is (but still of good quality), the better your chances are of 'making it' - if that's your goal, of course. Instead, in an already saturated market, it will be hard to distinguish your releases from the rest. Browsing this forum alone you can see how quite a lot of threads generate very little response from the members. Take a listen to most of uplifting trance now without knowing who the artist is and you'll rarely be able to guess who made it correctly.

Of course, it's a bit early from us to expect you to know a lot of trance tracks and develop an extensive taste - and I'd recommend that before anything else if you want to develop as an artist.

About respect: Nobody is entitled to anything. It's art - hard work means nothing to the audience, only the end product. Only fellow artists recognize this stuff is hard work. If you're feeling unmotivated after reading feedback, well, know that not everyone will like your work. I see you're already quite mature for your age and have handled negativity better than most producers (even some more experienced producers), so that's commendable as well. We've got a feedback section if you want to get some feedback on your works in progress. It does help hearing others' opinions on your tracks.

As for what I think about the track, I like pretty much everything except the drums-bass combo and the production style. The pace is pretty much spot on and I think I would've enjoyed this if I liked the drums and bass more.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

delphionmusic (05-13-2019), pmvibes (05-12-2019), Red_Door (05-12-2019)