Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armin Van Buuren & Luke Bond Feat. KARRA - Revolution [Armind]

Last Online
    Today @ 13:16 PM
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,109x in 917 Posts
    United Kingdom

Armin Van Buuren & Luke Bond Feat. KARRA - Revolution [Armind]

Release Date (Beatport & Radio Edit): 7th June 2019
    Release Date (Extended Mix): 5th July 2019
    Exciting Releases:
    Karanda - Supreme
    Rodrigo Deem - Divo / Totem
    Codeko - Crusader
    Las Salinas - Winston
    Solis & Sean Truby - Armadillo
    Slim Colt - Livi
    Signal Space - Sharik

Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 16:17 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts
    Bulgaria
    Ah, that's quite mediocre..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Excessive For This Useful Post:

Gagi (06-07-2019)

Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 16:49 PM
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 176x in 145 Posts
    India
    When you think about a collaboration with Armin, you'd expect Armin's sound to be the driving force but its always the opposite. Armin has no "sound" per se anymore.

Last Online
    Today @ 19:33 PM
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,317x in 1,712 Posts
    Serbia
    Yup. I prefer his pop side to this.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 231x in 172 Posts
    Netherlands
    Hahahah. This is something you would hear at a festival for 8 year olds.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arnoud For This Useful Post:

Marco1979 (06-07-2019), Spider-Vice (06-10-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 13:16 PM
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,109x in 917 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatadru Sensharma View Post
    When you think about a collaboration with Armin, you'd expect Armin's sound to be the driving force but its always the opposite. Armin has no "sound" per se anymore.
    I actually first heard this during Luke Bond's ASOT 900 set, and I only hear Luke in this tbh. Would never have guessed Armin was involved. Do enjoy it though
    Exciting Releases:
    Karanda - Supreme
    Rodrigo Deem - Divo / Totem
    Codeko - Crusader
    Las Salinas - Winston
    Solis & Sean Truby - Armadillo
    Slim Colt - Livi
    Signal Space - Sharik

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:36 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 34x in 21 Posts
    Czech Republic
    Armin's generic "beeper" track

10. The Following User Says Thank You to K1aptcha For This Useful Post:

Marco1979 (06-07-2019)

Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 16:49 PM
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 176x in 145 Posts
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by MKY661 View Post
    I actually first heard this during Luke Bond's ASOT 900 set, and I only hear Luke in this tbh. Would never have guessed Armin was involved. Do enjoy it though
    Don't get me wrong, I do like these kind of tracks from a festival point of view. I do not dislike it at all. It just feels like Armin contributed nothing (probably isn't the case) and just plastered his name on it. It could've easily been Luke Bond feat. Karra and no one would've batted an eyelash.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shatadru Sensharma For This Useful Post:

MKY661 (06-07-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 15:39 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 89x in 45 Posts
    Switzerland
    Armin, you are in pathetic form dude. And idea for you :

Produce(!) something similar to this track, make your team listen it. Fire all people who praise the effort and you will see the change soon.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheVision For This Useful Post:

Arnoud (06-08-2019), Marco1979 (06-07-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 17:08 PM
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 569x in 287 Posts
    Netherlands
    Whatever the quality, ASOT/festival sheeps and click/view farms will make it big anyway. Dirty business that has absolutely zero to do with quality but only with churning out continuous mediocrity to keep the social media span high.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vastvision For This Useful Post:

Arnoud (06-08-2019), Marco1979 (06-07-2019), Spider-Vice (06-10-2019)

Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 09:18 AM
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 677x in 514 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by vastvision View Post
    Whatever the quality, ASOT/festival sheeps and click/view farms will make it big anyway. Dirty business that has absolutely zero to do with quality but only with churning out continuous mediocrity to keep the social media span high.
    I'am saying this for years but some fanboys here won't get this. Probably the next number 1 on the charts worldwide. It's all about marketing, promotion and pushing it into the sheeps throats. ASOt lost his credibility years ago. Promoting good music now and then, but most of it is pure CHEESE and even has nothing to do with pure trance .(bigroom,elektro house, O we all so excited...).
    So a whole genre get asstf**ked for years now. Some noticed, most of the fools out there not.

It is what it is, won't change if peeps are sheep and don't look further.

(Respect for you as estabished producer to dare to speak out)

Fanboys coming in soon i guess.
    Last edited by Marco1979; 06-07-2019 at 19:27 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 19:03 PM
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 408x in 265 Posts
    Hong Kong
    In my opinion i don't think there's anything inherently bad about Armin/ASOT/Armada - they are simply meeting the demand of the masses instead of a niche group of trance purists. And they do this by releasing simple-minded radio-friendly music. It's their business model simple as that.

If you're a trance purist, you probably won't find most music on there appealing. But for people new to electronic music, ASOT could open up an entire new spectrum of music for them. It's their gateway to a now diluted trance genre but one with a lot of hidden classics/gems beneath the surface. In fact, unless you grew up in a country with a thriving electronic music / club culture, you'd be hard pressed to find people who even know what genres there are in electronic music, let alone trance. It would be callous to suggest ASOT (even in its current state) as a sin for the genre.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeenutsDx For This Useful Post:

Chaim Mankoff (06-11-2019), Gagi (06-07-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by PeenutsDx View Post
    In my opinion i don't think there's anything inherently bad about Armin/ASOT/Armada - they are simply meeting the demand of the masses instead of a niche group of trance purists. And they do this by releasing simple-minded radio-friendly music. It's their business model simple as that.

If you're a trance purist, you probably won't find most music on there appealing. But for people new to electronic music, ASOT could open up an entire new spectrum of music for them. It's their gateway to a now diluted trance genre but one with a lot of hidden classics/gems beneath the surface. In fact, unless you grew up in a country with a thriving electronic music / club culture, you'd be hard pressed to find people who even know what genres there are in electronic music, let alone trance. It would be callous to suggest ASOT (even in its current state) as a sin for the genre.
    Ah, mister Peenuts. There was a time mainstream trance won't even crushed a whole genre (in Asot also). With the influence of the big dj's out there, there was a important switch to elektro house and bigroom because trance was evolved (they said). But that tracks has nothing to do with trance music , only easy money making of a popular genre (and to make money in the usa) Nowadays all these tunes (not all fortunately) are released as trance music, some as bigroom indeed(lsince last year or so). I think they're doing a good job of promoting some amazing trance acts and artists, but most of the tunes they play are simply not trance. Because Armada (and other big companies) had decide what is trance and what is not. Wish everybody all the best, but they choose the easy way, the mainstream way. Why did smaller labels as JOOF, Bonzai and Pure Trance stay away from that, (and refuse) because they noticed it has nothing to do with trance music.
    Last edited by Marco1979; 06-07-2019 at 20:31 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 17:08 PM
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 569x in 287 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by PeenutsDx View Post

This is not per se true I think. They have the reach and power to define what the masses like. Give tracks room to breath, focus on quality and diversity. But anyway, it's not up to me, just my personal opinion and slight frustration because I always hope to get on the show with new stuff but in today's ASOT there is little room for the 134 range of melodic uplifting trance. Digging fsoe, pure Trance and also Corsten countdown more nowadays.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vastvision For This Useful Post:

Marco1979 (06-07-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by vastvision View Post
    This is not per se true I think. They have the reach and power to define what the masses like. Give tracks room to breath, focus on quality and diversity. But anyway, it's not up to me, just my personal opinion and slight frustration because I always hope to get on the show with new stuff but in today's ASOT there is little room for the 134 range of melodic uplifting trance. Digging fsoe, pure Trance and also Corsten countdown more nowadays.
    It's not on the lacking quality of your tracks that's for sure. And I know, you as established producer, it has nothing to do about the quality of your tracks. Solarstone plays your tracks (and remixes) for example, so you know you're doing great things for the trancecommunity. ASOT reaches the most viewers and listeners, so I get/know why you're stated this. They want to reach the masses (trance or not trance) (and serve their labels) and not always aiming for quality. (sometimes they do). Hypocrite it is indeed, but I don't want to be that negative and notice that they also give great artists a role in the show. Recently Airwave, Solarstone(multiple times), Push etc.
    Last edited by Marco1979; 06-07-2019 at 22:35 PM.