Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80

Thread: Mental Health of DJs and Producers

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:16 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,440
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 844x in 586 Posts
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Vice View Post
    And Contact is clearly a troll. I mean, if there's a rule violation it's his clear bait imo.
    He takes this Trance shit too seriously. I mean, if you continuously express vitriol toward modern trance, why the heck would you be here in the first place?
    Not that it's wrong to disagree with the current state of the scene, but dang this guy takes it up a notch.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fredjan For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (07-25-2019), Spider-Vice (07-18-2019)

  3. #62

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    782
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 205x in 163 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    He takes this Trance shit too seriously. I mean, if you continuously express vitriol toward modern trance, why the heck would you be here in the first place?
    Not that it's wrong to disagree with the current state of the scene, but dang this guy takes it up a notch.
    Maybe because Trance music saved me? Why is it so wrong to take music so seriously? It's what we always strive to achieve in life. Music has the blueprint towards total harmony and what religious people refer to as 'heaven' when such a place can exist here on earth. I am not religious but I do love Trance music and I don't need a pill to help cure fight depression. I have the greatest thing ever at my disposal. You have absolutely no idea how precious music is before you lose it. It's like a relationship...

    I am just disappointed that I am being labelled as a 'troll', 'ignorant', person who is seeking attention but I am not a selfish person. If I see someone not well, I'll reach out to him and give him suggestions but won't force my ideas onto him but just simply show facts and it's up to the individual's discretion to make the final choice but just note that the people armin does business with won't ask personal questions like how are you really doing? How's your health and time after time he looks absolutely wasted and he continues to feed this destructive habit.

    It's funny to see him bloater about how much of a saint he is for not taking drugs but the music he plays is a drug in itself because it's so destructive.

    I'll leave this article for people to decide but I won't force people to change how they see their health. Just note that you only get one life - take good care of it because no one else who don't know you will tell you to take care of it.

    The poor physical health faced by people with mental illness has been the subject of growing attention, but there has been less focus on the issue of oral health even though it is an important part of physical health. This article discusses the two-way association between oral and mental health. In one direction, the prospect of dental treatment can lead to anxiety and phobia. In the other, many psychiatric disorders, such as severe mental illness, affective disorders, and eating disorders, are associated with dental disease: These include erosion, caries, and periodontitis. Left untreated, dental diseases can lead to teeth loss such that people with severe mental illness have 2.7 times the likelihood of losing all their teeth, compared with the general population. Possible interventions include oral health assessments using standard checklists that can be completed by nondental personnel, help with oral hygiene, management of iatrogenic dry mouth, and early dental referral.

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4841282/
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ntal_disorders
    https://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deak...and-depression
    https://ladydentistanchorage.com/how...nd-vice-versa/


    Patients with mental disorders are subject to a greater number of risk factors for oral and dental disease than the general population. This is mostly caused by the side effects of the medications that they receive, lack of self-care, difficulty to access health services, a negative attitude towards healthcare providers, and patients’ lack of cooperation in dental treatments. The most common psychiatric disorders in our population are depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and dementia. In disorders such as anxiety and depression, the main issue is the loss of interest in self-care, which results in a poor hygiene. The most frequent oral and dental diseases in these patients are dental cavities and periodontal disease. The purpose of this brief review is to provide up-to-date information about the management of oral and dental diseases of patients with mental disorders.

    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319975600_Oral_and_dental_health_issues_in_people_ with_mental_disorders

    This is why people from the UK have the worst teeth possible and they have people full of drug addicts and people snorting all sorts of destructive habits but hey, it's your life. I unfortunately almost fell into this rot but I am clawing my way out of it but hey, keep asking for a magic pill to help cure your depression.

    At least I had the balls to raise awareness for the greatest music to have ever existed and that there was something wrong with it.

    Why even PVD wrote a track about it shows that this music is special.

    Oh and this is armin in 2012....You be the judge

    Last edited by Contact; 07-19-2019 at 05:18 AM.

  4. #63
    Progrez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,451
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 990x in 646 Posts
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Vice View Post
    And Contact is clearly a troll. I mean, if there's a rule violation it's his clear bait imo.
    I don't think this is a deliberate ploy by Contact to troll. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it but that does not make it fact.

    My point was you guys, judging by the tones all of you have used in your posts. It's quite a clear violation of the forum rules, when a simple ignore would have suffice.

    Let's agree to disagree, before this thread gets out of hand.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Progrez For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (07-25-2019)

  6. #64

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:16 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,440
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 844x in 586 Posts
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Contact View Post
    Maybe because Trance music saved me? Why is it so wrong to take music so seriously? It's what we always strive to achieve in life. Music has the blueprint towards total harmony and what religious people refer to as 'heaven' when such a place can exist here on earth. I am not religious but I do love Trance music and I don't need a pill to help cure fight depression. I have the greatest thing ever at my disposal. You have absolutely no idea how precious music is before you lose it. It's like a relationship...

    I am just disappointed that I am being labelled as a 'troll', 'ignorant', person who is seeking attention but I am not a selfish person. If I see someone not well, I'll reach out to him and give him suggestions but won't force my ideas onto him but just simply show facts and it's up to the individual's discretion to make the final choice but just note that the people armin does business with won't ask personal questions like how are you really doing? How's your health and time after time he looks absolutely wasted and he continues to feed this destructive habit.

    It's funny to see him bloater about how much of a saint he is for not taking drugs but the music he plays is a drug in itself because it's so destructive.

    I'll leave this article for people to decide but I won't force people to change how they see their health. Just note that you only get one life - take good care of it because no one else who don't know you will tell you to take care of it.


    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4841282/
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ntal_disorders
    https://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deak...and-depression
    https://ladydentistanchorage.com/how...nd-vice-versa/

    This is why people from the UK have the worst teeth possible and they have people full of drug addicts and people snorting all sorts of destructive habits but hey, it's your life. I unfortunately almost fell into this rot but I am clawing my way out of it but hey, keep asking for a magic pill to help cure your depression.

    At least I had the balls to raise awareness for the greatest music to have ever existed and that there was something wrong with it.

    Why even PVD wrote a track about it shows that this music is special.

    Oh and this is armin in 2012....You be the judge

    image
    You'd be surprised at how much in common we actually have. I think you've been listening to Trance for longer than I have -- I started out in 2011.
    I didn't say you were taking music too seriously. I said you were taking *trance* too seriously. Trance is just a genre. It's really cool, but it's still just a genre.
    It is very strange that you describe music as total harmony, and in your words "what religious people refer to 'heaven'", yet shortly afterwards label Armin's music as destructive.
    His *habits* and the environment he is in are destructive - that I would agree with.
    The whole oral health thing... frankly, it's weird, and I highly doubt that's even one of the primary reasons behind his (clinical) depression, if it were diagnosed. I am no physician, but having been diagnosed with clinical depression a couple years ago I can say a few things about it.
    There are so many factors that go into it. If I were Armin I'd be depressed because I have to travel all the damn time, rarely see my family, don't get enough exercise, am surrounded by vast substance abuse, alcohol, drugs, have little privacy, and many other things. Oral health wouldn't be in the mind of my physician unless my teeth were extremely bad.
    Although it's noble to raise awareness for oral health, your argument is poorly laid-out.
    Last edited by Fredjan; 07-19-2019 at 05:34 AM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredjan For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (07-25-2019)

  8. #65

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    782
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 205x in 163 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    You'd be surprised at how much in common we actually have. I think you've been listening to Trance for longer than I have -- I started out in 2011.
    I didn't say you were taking music too seriously. I said you were taking *trance* too seriously. Trance is just a genre. It's really cool, but it's still just a genre.
    It is very strange that you describe music as total harmony, and in your words "what religious people refer to 'heaven'", yet shortly afterwards label Armin's music as destructive.
    I love it just like he does - and our passion goes deep.The thing about Trance is that it's very seductive. You can't look away. The minute you hear it, you get hooked to it.

    I have been listening to Trance since 99. Become a serious listener in 06 and was a casual listener up until then but my point is that the music sounds destructive and the meaning has been lost. There is nothing beautiful about this music and now has zero resemblance to classical music.

  9. #66

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    782
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 205x in 163 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    You'd be surprised at how much in common we actually have. I think you've been listening to Trance for longer than I have -- I started out in 2011.
    I didn't say you were taking music too seriously. I said you were taking *trance* too seriously. Trance is just a genre. It's really cool, but it's still just a genre.
    It is very strange that you describe music as total harmony, and in your words "what religious people refer to 'heaven'", yet shortly afterwards label Armin's music as destructive.
    His *habits* and the environment he is in are destructive - that I would agree with.
    The whole oral health thing... frankly, it's weird, and I highly doubt that's even one of the primary reasons behind his (clinical) depression, if it were diagnosed. I am no physician, but having been diagnosed with clinical depression a couple years ago I can say a few things about it.
    There are so many factors that go into it. If I were Armin I'd be depressed because I have to travel all the damn time, rarely see my family, don't get enough exercise, am surrounded by vast substance abuse, alcohol, drugs, have little privacy, and many other things. Oral health wouldn't be in the mind of my physician unless my teeth were extremely bad.
    Although it's noble to raise awareness for oral health, your argument is poorly laid-out.
    I suffer from clinical depression myself but I know the way out but I don't think he does.He and a lot of these producers are using music to numb the pain. Every time he plays on asot he looks tired and pants each time - I just wish he would seek help.
    Last edited by Contact; 07-19-2019 at 10:01 AM.

  10. #67
    Progrez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,451
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 990x in 646 Posts
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Progrez View Post
    I don't think this is a deliberate ploy by Contact to troll. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it but that does not make it fact.

    My point was you guys, judging by the tones all of you have used in your posts. It's quite a clear violation of the forum rules, when a simple ignore would have suffice.

    Let's agree to disagree, before this thread gets out of hand.

    As per the rules :-) I don't mean nitpick, but isn't this going back on your own rules?
    We have a small, simple set of rules we expect all members to follow.
    1. Speak English
    - We appreciate we're an international community but to make communication easy we ask you to stick to this when engaging with other members.
    2. Respect others
    - When we say respect we refer to other members and their right to voice an opinion, even if you agree or disagree with it. When engaging with others in the community keep this in mind. We won't accept discrimination or any form of bullying so play nice and treat others with the respect they deserve.
    3. Be constructive
    - When offering critique on a release. Explain how it could be improved upon in a respectful & constructive manner. If you can't we'd prefer you offer nothing at all, we'll enforce this by deleting your comments if necessary.
    Last edited by Progrez; 07-20-2019 at 04:02 AM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Progrez For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (07-25-2019)

  12. #68

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    782
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 205x in 163 Posts
    United States
    Why has this thread gone silent? Afraid of the truth are we? Did I strike a little too close to home? Did I made you feel uncomfortable? Now do you not want to continue to hear beautiful music from these lovely people who are created the most precious thing on earth.

    If armin reads this or anyone doing it tough, Get help - there is help available. Don't ask for a magic pill or potion to help cure/treat or smoke pot/ice/lsd/cocaine or whatever nonsense destructive habit to help with your depression but if you want it to be more effective, it's slow and painful recovery but it's worth it in the end. The music will help sooth the pain and is a powerful healer.

    I'll go as far as to say that our oral health is what causes a lot of diseases but we keep asking for a magic pill to help fix the problem.
    Last edited by Contact; 07-21-2019 at 00:57 AM.

  13. #69

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:16 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,440
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 844x in 586 Posts
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Contact View Post
    Why has this thread gone silent? Afraid of the truth are we? Do you not want to continue to hear beautiful music from these lovely people who are creating blood out of stone?

    If armin reads this or anyone doing it tough, Get help - there is help available. Don't ask for a magic pill or potion to help cure/treat your depression but if you want it to be more effective, it's slow and painful recovery but music is a powerful healer. No one will be there to feel sorry for you once you remove yourself from the public spotlight but the choice is yours. You still can change.
    No, this thread went silent because replying more to you would be borderline harassment (see Progrez's posts) and because, quite frankly, we've stopped caring about this topic.
    You do you.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredjan For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (07-25-2019)

  15. #70

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    782
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 205x in 163 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    No, this thread went silent because replying more to you would be borderline harassment (see Progrez's posts) and because, quite frankly, we've stopped caring about this topic.
    You do you.
    I am used to it - I can cop a lot of shit from people because I have grown around sick people myself but I have never let it ruin my integrity. I'll just leave this article to see but we have a serious crisis on our and I sure hate to lose more people to this disease
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...eport/11315404

    There is a sickness in the air but hey, what do I know right? Armin looks happy doesn't he? But hey, someone who really made a positive impact in my life is not well, the least I could do is reach out to him, better than you lot who seem to discredit me and demean me for caring for him. He looks very sick and I just wish he would seek help.

    A new global report led by Australian researchers has revealed how a barrage of physical health challenges experienced by people with mental illness is contributing to years of lost life.While it's been recognised for some time that people with severe mental disorders are more likely to die earlier, the researchers found those with mental illness were also more likely to be living with obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
    "We see elevated rates of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases in people with depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, and even alcohol … disorders," said Joseph Firth, lead author and senior research fellow at Western Sydney University.
    "Basically, all types of … mental disorders are associated with a double or even three-fold risk of these diseases."


    Last edited by Contact; 07-21-2019 at 04:40 AM.

  16. #71

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    01-15-2020 @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 69x in 23 Posts
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Contact View Post
    Why has this thread gone silent? Afraid of the truth are we? Did I strike a little too close to home? Did I made you feel uncomfortable? Now do you not want to continue to hear beautiful music from these lovely people who are created the most precious thing on earth.

    If armin reads this or anyone doing it tough, Get help - there is help available. Don't ask for a magic pill or potion to help cure/treat or smoke pot/ice/lsd/cocaine or whatever nonsense destructive habit to help with your depression but if you want it to be more effective, it's slow and painful recovery but it's worth it in the end. The music will help sooth the pain and is a powerful healer.

    I'll go as far as to say that our oral health is what causes a lot of diseases but we keep asking for a magic pill to help fix the problem.
    @Progrez See? This is what I mean by him trying to bait us into replying

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drathnor For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (07-25-2019), Fredjan (07-21-2019)

  18. #72
    Voci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 19:15 PM
    Location
    Assen, Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Posts
    4,627
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked 1,602x in 975 Posts
    Netherlands
    Progrez. I have mod rights, and I agree that our teasing was sort of on the grey area of ‘acceptable satire’.

    However, his new reply after you posted the rules is a prime example. He has zero self-reflection, and does not read what others say. It is impossible to discuss anything with this person. I dont think a troll, but I do think someone who is pretty much loco, insane.

    At first we were helpful and trying to understand, but if the other person cant be reached, then there is no point. It results in this thread. Hopefully our mocking would serve as a mirror for ‘contact’, but thats not really likely....

  19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Voci For This Useful Post:

    DannyZero (07-22-2019), delphionmusic (07-25-2019), drathnor (07-21-2019), Fredjan (07-21-2019), Gagi (07-21-2019), Rok (07-21-2019), Spider-Vice (07-21-2019)

  20. #73

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:16 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,440
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 844x in 586 Posts
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    Progrez. I have mod rights, and I agree that our teasing was sort of on the grey area of ‘acceptable satire’.

    However, his new reply after you posted the rules is a prime example. He has zero self-reflection, and does not read what others say. It is impossible to discuss anything with this person. I dont think a troll, but I do think someone who is pretty much loco, insane.

    At first we were helpful and trying to understand, but if the other person cant be reached, then there is no point. It results in this thread. Hopefully our mocking would serve as a mirror for ‘contact’, but thats not really likely....
    It's about time the thread gets locked.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fredjan For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (07-25-2019), Rok (07-21-2019), Voci (07-21-2019)

  22. #74
    Gagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 20:38 PM
    Location
    Novi Sad
    Gender
    Posts
    5,555
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,649
    Thanked 2,440x in 1,809 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Progrez View Post
    As per the rules :-) I don't mean nitpick, but isn't this going back on your own rules?
    And how many has Contact broken so far?
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

    Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (07-25-2019), drathnor (07-22-2019), Fredjan (07-21-2019)

  24. #75

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:16 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,440
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 844x in 586 Posts
    Mexico
    For anyone who thinks Trancefix doesn't take depression seriously, take a look at the thread started by Jetflag in the general section. Pretty much all of the responses there are empathetic. That's how you do a proper thread about mental health.
    (Can't link to it because I'm on mobile, but perhaps someone else can chime in!)
    Last edited by Fredjan; 07-22-2019 at 01:29 AM.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fredjan For This Useful Post:

    delphionmusic (07-25-2019), Gagi (07-22-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. mental x & thomi b - mental x-shake sat-01-16-2010
    By Talon in forum Other Radio Shows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 11:43 AM
  2. Health and Fitness
    By St. Heretik in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 18:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •