Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How/why were Suburban Train, Silence (Tiesto Remix), and so on made?

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 374x in 202 Posts
    Estonia
    I've never heard ghost production stories about PVD, atleast from that pre-2000ish era. But I'm not surprised if that's the case, it's extremely hard for a dj to gig that much (basically 50-100 gigs / year) while still putting out a quality album and bunch of singles every couple of years. I guess that's also one of the reasons big name artist albums have so many collabs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to point For This Useful Post:

Fredjan (11-23-2019)

Last Online
    01-11-2020 @ 12:57 PM
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 86x in 51 Posts
    Slovakia
    Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    I've never heard ghost production stories about PVD, atleast from that pre-2000ish era. But I'm not surprised if that's the case, it's extremely hard for a dj to gig that much (basically 50-100 gigs / year) while still putting out a quality album and bunch of singles every couple of years. I guess that's also one of the reasons big name artist albums have so many collabs.
    never heard anything about Johnny Klimek?

or

"Audiofile 15 - Visions of Shiva: How Much Can You Take? ("How Much Can You Take?", 1993) [MP3] [RA]
    It is not easy to speak of "Visions of Shiva" without touching a few nerves. "How much can you take" was written during the same (one-week) recording session as "Cafe del Mar" with Jens. Let me just say this: it would be great if Paul van Dyk, now with the distance of time between us and the fact that he himself is a recognized international superstar, had the honesty and strength of character to explain once and for all what he contributed to the content of this piece (apart from being present at the Mix of the "physical" version)."

Harald Bluchel aka Cosmic Baby
    Last edited by Red_Door; 11-23-2019 at 17:12 PM.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 18:02 PM
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149x in 798 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Door View Post

or
    Interesting quotes - it sounds to me that PvD had tracks ghost produced but mustve done a deal that he was the only one credited...

Last Online
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 424x in 275 Posts
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdelayna View Post
    Interesting quotes - it sounds to me that PvD had tracks ghost produced but mustve done a deal that he was the only one credited...
    No need to guess, everything can be found in the booklets of his records. This is from his first two albums, Klimek is extensively credited. Klimek could have just been responsible for polishing off the final mix, or he could have had a big influence even on the creative process - i guess no one except insiders will know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191124_004430.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	376.8 KB 
ID:	19012

Name:	IMG_20191124_004228.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	398.8 KB 
ID:	19013

Name:	IMG_20191124_004217.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	19014

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 18:02 PM
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149x in 798 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by PeenutsDx View Post
    No need to guess, everything can be found in the booklets of his records. This is from his first two albums, Klimek is extensively credited. Klimek could have just been responsible for polishing off the final mix, or he could have had a big influence even on the creative process - i guess no one except insiders will know.

Name:	IMG_20191124_004430.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	376.8 KB 
ID:	19012

Name:	IMG_20191124_004228.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	398.8 KB 
ID:	19013

Name:	IMG_20191124_004217.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	19014
    Im just surprised hes not mentioned on Discogs at all anywhere....i really want to know if PvD made his own tracks or not.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Magdelayna For This Useful Post:

Fredjan (11-23-2019)

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 374x in 202 Posts
    Estonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Door View Post
    or
    No can't say that I have, I hadn't really looked into it before, but after some quick research Klimek is credited for "45rpm" and "Seven Ways" albums. Being a public co-producer and engineer however is a totally different thing from a ghost producer. Tiesto record credits have no mention of Dennis Waakop Reijers and his name has only appeared to sites like discogs after the fans started to investigate it more. Paul van Dyk's "Out There and Back" album however has no additional producers listed on the credits, and while it's possible that Klimek or whoever might have been involved, I think we should go with innocent until proven guilty with this one. It's very common for DJs start out with co-producers until they get more comfortable and learn all the techniques. Very similar to what happened with Orkidea, more less all his work before 2003 or so were mainly produced by the Slusnik Luna boys (mainly Nicklas Renqvist) but after that (excluding the collabs) it's all just Orkidea.

Visions of Shiva at least was group by Cosmic Baby and Paul Van Dyk, so it was no secret that Cosmic Baby was part of the tracks. I think it's all on him if he let's PVD get equal royalties and credits without doing anything in the studio.
    Last edited by point; 11-24-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Last Online
    Today @ 00:18 AM
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,602x in 975 Posts
    Netherlands
    Tiesto already thanked his producers on tv during TMF awards. That was in 2003-2004. So he was pretty open about it if you ask me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Voci For This Useful Post:

Fredjan (11-24-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 844x in 586 Posts
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    Tiesto already thanked his producers on tv during TMF awards. That was in 2003-2004. So he was pretty open about it if you ask me.
    I vaguely remember reading that Tiesto and his label basically forced Kid Vicious to let them remake Reform, but then again that could have been a random person on the Internet BSing.
    It's interesting how Denzel D, Geert Huinink, and Tiesto 'upgraded' Reform to create Suburban Train. Although I appreciate Kid Vicious' creativity in his original production, Suburban Train sounds so much better. I guess that's bound to happen if you have a team of talented producers for a single track.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Have to agree with Magdelayna on this one. Most producers had their own sound, and there were a lot of different styles back then. I wouldn't say Tiesto's sounded more futuristic than anyone. Different, yes.
    I would say that most of '90s trance sounds futuristic, specially the stuff from the early '90s (ex. Eye Q, Hallucinogen). PPK - Resurrection from the early 2000s also sounds incredibly futuristic, and its main melody was made in 1979. It can be argued that Trance started losing that futuristic/cyberpunk-y feel when it went mainstream with the Dutch boys. That would be an interesting discussion for an entirely different thread.
    I'm not sure how to describe Silence, Suburban Train, Sunrise, or why I think they sound modern. It's just a hunch feeling. I think they have aged well compared to their contemporary tracks and obvious classics like Out of the Blue, Airwave, Carte Blanche. Yes, many producers back then had their own sound, and trance had many different styles - that's what made the heyday of Trance so good. This one sound stands out for sounding so modern, as if it were from a later era.
    Last edited by Fredjan; 11-24-2019 at 21:47 PM.

Last Online
    01-14-2020 @ 10:33 AM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,827x in 1,376 Posts
    Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    I hope he didnt use ghost producers back in the days, i like to think he didnt.
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

Last Online
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Halon View Post
    I hope he didnt use ghost producers back in the days, i like to think he didnt.
    By this point I don't really mind that they used ghost producers.

Last Online
    01-14-2020 @ 10:33 AM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,827x in 1,376 Posts
    Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    By this point I don't really mind that they used ghost producers.
    I just found this from 2014. Pvd dosent mention anything about his music being produced by ghost producers but he mentions ghost producing nonetheless. I still think he made all his music himself. Or maybe wishful thinking

https://www.google.com/amp/itm.junke...vity/22420/amp
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!